The MW821ST DLP Digital Projector by BenQ delivers crisp, brilliant images thanks to a 13,000:1 contrast ratio, 3,000 lumens of brightness and its ability to render 1.07 billion colors. The native WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution light engine can project images onto screen sizes from 30-300" with a 0.49 ultra short-throw ratio that maximizes room space in cramped quarters. The native 16:10 aspect ratio supports up to five other width x height ratios. And let's not forget that in addition to traditional 2D display, the MW821ST supports 3D content via compatible computers.
The MW821ST employs several energy saving modes. In Normal Mode the MW821ST uses 300W of power but switching to SmartEco Mode can reduce the total power consumption by almost 70% while boosting the contrast to maintain rich detail within the limits of the fan's quieter, reduced activity. Additionally, when no source is detected for a user-adjustable period, the projector goes directly into Eco Blank mode to save energy.
For IT administrators, there's LAN control with PJ Link (a commonly used protocol to operate, maintain and control multiple projectors from a centralized workstation) and Crestron RoomView, another commonly used interface. The projector has numerous inputs and outputs to provide more flexibility when connecting the projector to sound systems, monitors and even other PCs. VGA in and out, HDMI, Component, S-Video and Composite video are all onboard, as well as USB, LAN and RS-232 connectors.
With a 10W internal mono speaker and RCA inputs for external sound systems, the MW821ST can be heard in small rooms or broadcast through an auditorium with optional audio equipment. The low fan noise (32dB in Normal Mode) ensures that the projector won't interrupt important presentations or programming in the classroom, boardroom or elsewhere.
- Power Saving SmartEco Mode
- The SmartEco technology offers saves lamp power up to 70% depending on the content brightness level by lowering the power output, resulting in the side-benefit of increased lamp life
- ECO Blank
- By pressing the ECO Blank button hides the image and immediately lowers output to 70% of Normal Mode
- Low Draw Standby Mode
- The projector consumes less than 0.5W in Standby Mode
- Filter Free
- Filter free design to lower maintenance and operating costs
- Network Control
- The RJ-45 connector for wired network control allows management of projector status from a computer using a web browser
- Crestron RoomView, PJ Link and AMX Supported
- The projector features RJ-45 connector for wired network control and supports Crestron eControl, RoomView, PJ Link and AMX allowing you to control and manage equipment from a remote computer via that connection
- One Key Auto Adjustment
- Press Auto on the keypad or remote control to immediately access the best picture quality for the input source
- Built-in 10W Speaker
- Built-in 10W speaker provides mixed mono audio when an audio input is connected
- Quick Cooling, Auto Power Off, Signal Power On, Direct Power On
- Quick Cooling function speeds up the cooling process when turning off the projector. Auto Power Off function allows the projector to turn off automatically if no input signal is detected after a set period of time. Signal Power On function turns your projector on automatically once detecting the input signal and Direct Power On boots up the projector automatically when the power is connected
- Instant Restart
- Selectable Instant Restart function enables you to restart the projector immediately within 90 seconds after turning it off
- 3D Function Supported
- Don a pair of optional BenQ 3D glasses to add excitement and realism to your favorite 3D movies, videos and sporting events