The 480GB Aura Pro Solid State Drive and Envoy Upgrade Kit from OWC is an upgrade kit for MacBook Air 2010/2011 models that lets you increase the size of the internal SSD and use the old drive as an external unit. The kit includes an Aura Pro 6G Solid State Drive (SSD), all installation tools for opening/installing the SSD, and an Envoy USB 3.0/2.0 enclosure into which you can install the old SSD. Whether you own a 2010 or 2011 base model 11" MacBook Air with a 64GB SSD or the top of the line 13" model with a 256GB SSD, OWC's Aura Pro SSD lets you increase the storage space and get up to 507 MB/s read speeds.When you reuse the factory SSD as an external storage solution in the OWC Envoy case, its small design allows it to fit easily in a pocket or laptop case and its low power draw means it works without an AC adapter.
- Perfect Storage Solution for MacBook Air
- Get the ultimate combination of elegance and functionality in a sleek, portable external storage solution designed to complement the MacBook Air - in both appearance and performance. The Envoy Upgrade Kit is equipped with a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface that supports maximum data transfer speeds up to 500 MB/s and is backwards compatible with USB 2.0. In addition, its bus-powered design means no AC power adapter is required; just plug the USB cord into your computer and the Envoy is ready to use.
- High Endurance and Reliability
- OWC SSD with DuraWrite technology optimizes writes to the flash memory over conventional controllers and increases the overall endurance and reliability of the complete SSD. Highly intelligent block management and wear leveling helps to extend the overall endurance. With this technology, even MLC-based SSDs can operate for years in demanding applications without daily write restrictions. This adds up to an MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) that is higher than most enterprise-class hard drives and SSDs on the market today.
SandForce DuraClass Technologies
- DuraWrite extends the endurance of your SSD.
- Intelligent Block Management & Wear Leveling automatically distributes data evenly across the entire SSD.
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management spreads the active read/write across the flash components, eliminating data corruption caused by constant use.
- Intelligent recycling for advanced free space management gradually re-writes data across the SSD over time to ensure data never gets corrupted.
- RAISE (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive similar to having a RAID setup.
- Offers ECC protection for longer data retention and drive life.