The Large Quick Spot Honeycomb Diffuser with 6 Colored Gels for the Canon 600EX RT from Harbor Digital Design offers you a unique, easy and inexpensive way to create dramatic grid lighting for your on or off-camera flash. Using a Quick Spot is simple and effective. Simply purchase the correct model Quick Spot for your particular flash, slip it on the flash head and you instantly have dramatic honeycomb lighting which can be used for either a back or highlight source for product or portrait shots. The round lighting pattern created is flattering and can be adjusted by moving the flash closer or farther away from your subject.
The included 6 Quick Spot Color Filters are useful for creating interesting background light or special effects. Merely slip the Quick Spot grid off the assembly, slide the gel in, replace the grid and you're in business. The filters are resin and manufactured by the Lee Filter Company - a more than well-respected producer of filters for film and video. These high-quality 2 x 3.5" filters come in a vinyl pouch and can help turn a simple portrait or product shot into a "keeper."
The Quick Spot unit itself is made from durable plastic and operates using a custom flash adapter. No additional pieces are required for operation. It easily slides onto your flash head. No need to worry about it sliding off or twisting out of position. The Quick Spot Flash Adapter holds the unit firmly in place.
The beauty of this system is that it is totally modular - so if you ever switch flash systems and already own the Honeycomb, all you need do is purchase the correct flash adapter and you're ready to shoot again. In addition, the Quick Spot is completely compatible with all Harbor Digital Design's accessories.
For those who own more than one type of shoe mounted flash, two Quick Spots with the appropriate adapters give you tremendous possibilities for lighting scenarios. One Quick Spot can illuminate the background while another can be positioned as a hair or accent light.
- Creates a circular pattern of pleasing light for highlighting a background or subject
- Works exactly like a traditional honeycomb grid used for larger studio strobes
- No cumbersome attachments required - no touch fasteners or tape needed to hold the honeycomb on the flash
- The high-quality 2 x 3.5" resin filters are designed for durability and quality of light
- Small and portable - sets up easily
- Quick Spots are available in two grid sizes - Small (1/8") and Large (1/4")
- It should be noted that the Quick Spot Diffuser is available by itself without the gels