The STEADICAM Scout Camera Stabilizing System with a Standard Vest, V-Mount, and Charger from Tiffen is user-friendly, field-serviceable, straightforward, and versatile so the operator can quickly and easily configure the sled, arm, and vest for the best advantage for each shot. Change the sled length, balance, inertia, and go to low mode in seconds with the Scout system. This system is designed to provide you with all the tools you need to get smooth, stabilized shots with cameras weighing between 5 to 18 lb that have a standard 1/4"-20 mount.
The Scout system features a standard vest, camera mounting chassis (Sled) with a removable base, adjustable telescoping centerpost (18.5 to 32”) with large-diameter Delrin knurled gimbal handle, Active Matrix 5.8" 16:9/4:3 Color LCD Monitor, two E-10S batteries, VL-2 Plus charger, Iso-Elastic arm with 5 to 18 lb camera capacity, V-battery mount, docking bracket, 12V power cable, 3’ lightweight BNC video cable, dovetail plate, 5/32" T-handle Allen wrench, soft case, 2 BNC to RCA adapters, 4 Merlin start weights, and 4 Merlin middle weights.
The Scout vest offers an ergonomic fit of the breast plate and is combined with solid shoulder fasteners that offer a secure fit and comfort for extended use. The vest and pad covers are easily removed for cleaning or replacement offering extended durability. The tool-free Iso-Elastic Stabilizer Arm supports 18 lb of net camera weight. The no-tools Arm/Vest interface allows for quick customization to the individual operator. On-the-fly weight adjustment frees the operator from dismounting the system to make changes. The open design of the arm offers freedom of movement and features an adjustable and interchangeable arm post assembly. The 2-section arm can also be separated for compact storage and transport.
The STEADICAM 5.8" Scout Color LCD Monitor offers enhanced image quality and a wide viewing angle. Even under bright sunlight, this monitor is suitable for field production use. The lightweight aluminum dovetail stage has been designed for camera mounting stability. The Scout system features a sturdy, two-section, indexed telescoping carbon fiber post coupled to a sturdy two-axis vernier stage for quick and precise balancing. The solid base is equipped with a single sliding rod that supports the monitor and battery.
The monitor and the batteries are adjustable in and out, which, along with the add-on Merlin weights, creates many choices for viewing, balance, and inertial control.
- Standard composite BNC video input and RCA output connectors
- Standard 3-pin LEMO power in/out connectors on the base and stage
- Active Matrix 5.8" 16:9/4:3 color LCD monitor
- V-mount for battery
- Rigid aluminum monitor/battery rod easily adjusts for quick setup and is easily removable for compact storage or transport
- Single knob rod release for quick setup
- Independently adjustable battery and monitor mounts for dynamic balance adjustability
- Tilting and rotationally indexed monitor mount
- Inertial control and adjustability via standard STEADICAM Merlin-type balance weights
- Balance control via standard 1/4"-20 mounting hole at the base of the sled and additional balance weights
- Telescopic, indexed carbon fiber main post with internal safety line
- No-tools post clamp
- Knurled gimbal grip with ergonomic handle
- Rigid, low-profile aluminum frame XY vernier stage
- Drop-in standard dovetail plate design with fore-aft safety stops
- 5 to 18 lb camera payload capacity
- No-tools adjustable Iso-Elastic arm
- Dual-axis vernier adjustable stage
- Superior inertial control and dynamically adjustable base