The Steadicam Scout HD Camera Stabilizer (AB Battery Mount, Standard Vest) is a camera stabilizer system that supports camera payloads from 5 to 18 lb (2.3 to 8 kg). You are offered enhanced inertial control and allowed to make dynamic adjustments to the base of the stabilizer system.
Included with the Scout is the Standard Vest that integrates an ergonomic design with solid metal shoulder fasteners. Easy cleaning of removable vest and pad covers is also possible. A camera weight of 18 lb can be supported via the Iso-Elastic arm that can be adjusted without any tools. Integrating a 2-stage arm design, the Iso-Elastic arm can be separated for storage and transport. The telescoping carbon fiber centerpost offers a transport range of 18.5–32”.
Included with the Scout system is the 7" HD monitor that provides enhanced image quality. Augmented stability during camera mounting is provided via the dovetail stage base. You are also provided with a standard composite BNC input connector and a RCA output connector. Anton Bauer battery mounts are provided with the Scout system. Easy adjustments are possible to the rigid aluminum battery or monitor rod rendering it suitable for storage and transport. A single knob rod-release feature is also incorporated for quick setup.
Inertial control is offered via standard Steadicam Merlin type balance weights, and balance control is provided via a standard 1/4"-20 mounting hole at the sled base and additional balance weights. You are also offered a gimbal that incorporates a knurled ergonomically designed grip. The XY Vernier stage of the Scout stabilizer system is constructed from aluminum and provides rigidity while a dovetail plate design is integrated into the stage with fore and aft safety stops. Also included is a soft case for system storage.
Note! The Standard Vest is built to fit people who are over 5' 4". However, for those who are quite slender and up to 5 '6", a Compact Vest will fit better.
- Supports camera payloads from 5-18 lb
- Offers enhanced inertial control
- Allows dynamic adjustments to the base of the stabilizer system
- Includes the Standard Vest that integrates an ergonomic design with solid metal shoulder fasteners
- Iso-Elastic arm - supports camera weight of 18 lb and can be adjusted without any tools
- Iso-Elastic arm - integrates a 2-stage design and can be separated for storage and transport
- Telescoping carbon fiber centerpost - offers a transport range of 18.5 - 32"
- Provides enhanced image quality and a wider viewing angle with aspect ratios of 4:3/16:9
- Active Matrix 7" Color LCD Monitor
- Provides augmented stability via the dovetail stage base
- Includes standard composite BNC input connector and RCA output connector
- Includes Anton Bauer battery mounts
- Facilitates quick setup via a single knob rod-release feature
- Offers inertial control via standard Steadicam Merlin type balance weights
- Balance control is provided via standard 1/4"-20 mounting hole at the sled base and additional balance weights
- Includes a gimbal that incorporates a knurled ergonomically designed grip
- XY Vernier stage - constructed from aluminum and provides rigidity
- Dovetail plate design is integrated into the stage with fore and aft safety stops
- Includes a soft case for storage