The iDC Photo Video SYSTEM ONE Follow Focus Master Kit is a gearless, follow focus and support system for the Canon EOS-1D X or Canon EOS-1D C. The gearless, direct-drive, focusing wheel is machined from industrial plastic bearing material and has a soft, high-tech O-ring for positive rubber-on-rubber operation. This dedicated kit provides a custom fit via a dedicated, camera-specific camera plate for the Canon EOS-1D X or Canon EOS-1D C Camera.
The SYSTEM ONE Follow Focus Kit delivers appropriate primary balance, a very low center-of-gravity, good adjustability, and minimal mass. The UniRail is the foundational platform for SYSTEM ONE and can be longitudinally positioned for the suitable balancing of the Canon EOS-1D X or Canon EOS-1D C camera, lens, and accessory configuration without the need for an adapter plate. The UniRail's dovetail design is compatible for direct mounting into many popular tripod fluid heads. All SYSTEM ONE UniRails also provide a centralized quick-release base pad that offers both 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded bosses to fit almost any fluid head’s quick-release plate.
SYSTEM ONE can be mounted on most shoulder rigs, tripods, and monopods. All 4 UniRail lengths from 6" to 16" are also included for maximum flexibility.
The SYSTEM ONE Follow Focus Master Kit is versatile and includes 2 Gearless Follow Focus Wheels, 2 Lens Braces for long lenses, and 3 Risers for mounting the Follow Focus Wheels and the Lens Braces in a variety of configurations. The Lens Brace provides support for longer lenses such as the 70-200mm series, 100mm macro, 300mm f4, or the 400mm f5.6. It can also be used with other long lenses. The second gearless wheel assembly may be used on the zoom ring, where there is enough room on the lens. Specifically, the Canon 70-200mm series allows for the second wheel on the same side of the lens.
SYSTEM ONE even boasts efficient forward compatibility. When upgrading your camera, just the addition of a new camera-specific camera plate is needed to move this system forward.
Note! SYSTEM ONE can be used with other cameras as long as a dedicated Camera Plate is purchased for each additional camera.
If you happen to use a fluid head that is not directly mountable, using the Manfrotto 577 Rapid Connect Adapter is recommended to fully benefit from the longitudinal positioning functionality.
- SYSTEM ONE features the iDC Gearless Follow Focus. This gearless system offers quick lens swaps and smooth and accurate focus acquisition.
- The Gearless Follow Focus Wheel accepts 1/2" white graphic tape for focusing marks.
- The Gearless Follow Focus Wheel's square-drive is industry standard and accepts any Arri-style follow focus whip or crank.
- iDC's direct-drive Gearless Follow Focus Wheel features a user replaceable O-ring. 1
- SYSTEM ONE accepts a variety of LCD loupes, including the iDC quick-release-adapted Hoodman HoodLoupe 3.0, the Zacuto Z-Finder Pro, LCDVF, and other direct to LCD mount style viewfinders (all sold separately).
- Camera Plate accept the Zacuto Z-Finder Pro (sold separately) when the Z-Finder is equipped with a Zacuto Z-MFS Mounting Frame. The iDC camera plate replaces the Zacuto Gorilla Plate in this instance.
- All UniRails are directly compatible with many popular video tripod quick-release clamps; no quick-release plate is necessary.
- All UniRails provide instant and effortless placement of the Gearless Follow Focus Wheel to work with a broad spectrum of lenses.
- The underside of all UniRails features a reinforced mounting pad, threaded for both 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 fasteners. All UniRails will accept almost any fluid head's quick-release plate.
- All foundation components are CNC milled from aircraft-grade aluminum, finished with soft edges, and hard-anodized in satin black for sleek looks and tactile pleasure.
- The Grip Handles are machined from high-tech Acetel plastic and finely checkered for a firm grip.
- SYSTEM ONE is designed for maximum parts interchangeability with iDC's handheld SYSTEM ZERO product line.
- SYSTEM ONE may be mounted to any camera support system that attaches by way of either 1/4"-20 or 3/8"-16 fasteners. This includes everything most equipment made for the photographic or motion picture industry.
- SYSTEM ONE may be mounted to any quick-release adapter plate by way of either 1/4"-20 or 3/8"-16 fasteners.
- SYSTEM ONE is compatible with the iDC Quick-Release U-Boat (Tall version), a robust accessory cage.
- The camera-specific Camera Plate is designed for the Canon EOS-1D X/C and offers pin / contour based registration for an appropriate fit.
- Additional camera-specific camera plates are the only parts required to adapt multiple camera bodies to SYSTEM ONE.