The 6242.11 Compact Digital Underwater Housing for Canon PowerShot S110 Camera from Ikelite is a waterproof case enabling you to shoot beneath the water's surface with your PowerShot S110 digital camera. It has a depth rating of 200' (60 m).
The housing provides access to all camera functions via mechanical controls, except for the rear dial functions, which are accessible using the camera's own controls. The camera's built-in flash is usable. Drop-in camera loading makes setup easy. The case is constructed from durable polycarbonate, which is clear to enable you to monitor the O-ring seal. Housing buoyancy is nearly neutral in freshwater.
You can attach optional 67mm macro and wide-angle lenses, such as the W-30 Wide Angle Lens, to the housing's built-in flat glass port. Bayonet lenses and the WD-4 Dome are not compatible.
To restore colors that get absorbed underwater, you can use optional external color correction filters for blue or green water: 6441.41 for blue, 6441.81 for green. You can use optional external strobes to improve lighting, but they must be triggered as slave units. To soften the light of the camera's built-in flash and thus prevent backscatter and hard shadows, a flash diffuser and flash deflector are included.
The housing is equipped with a 12-24 thread with 3" (7.6 cm) spacing for the mounting of an optional tray with single or dual handles. Such a tray provides attachment points for lighting.
- Depth Rating
- Safe to use at depths up to 200' (60 m)
- Benefit from access to all camera functions via mechanical controls, with the exception of the rear dial functions, which are accessible via the camera's own controls. The camera's built-in flash can also be used
- Crafted from durable polycarbonate, which is clear to allow you to keep an eye on the O-ring seal. Drop-in camera loading makes setup a breeze. Buoyancy is virtually neutral in freshwater
- Lens Port
- The built-in flat glass port accepts 67mm macro and wide-angle lenses (not included). An example is the W-30 Wide Angle Lens, a threaded 0.59x conversion lens that can be removed and replaced underwater, and accepts color filters. You cannot use bayonet lenses or the WD-4 Dome. Macro lenses will enable extreme close-up shots, while wide-angle lenses increase your angle of coverage, allowing you to get close to your subject while fitting more in the frame. Both types of lenses cut down on distortion caused by the water, thus improving image quality.
- Color Correction Filters
- Optional external color correction filters are available to help restore colors that will otherwise be absorbed beneath the water's surface. For blue water, use filter 6441.41, and for green water, use 6441.81. These filters are to be used without a strobe
- Strobe Use
- To improve underwater lighting, you can use external strobes (not included). However, they must be triggered as slave units, rather than with a cable connection. The light of an underwater strobe is able to travel farther and cover more area than the light of a built-in flash. Use the optional AF35 AutoFlash, an automatic optical slave strobe with exposure adjustment capabilities
- Other Lighting Options
- Try the PRO-V8 LED video light when using the camera's movie mode and to aid in focusing (not included)
- Included Lighting Accessories
- Soften the light of the camera's built-in flash, thereby preventing backscatter and hard shadows, by using the supplied flash diffuser and deflector
- The housing has a 12-24 thread with 3" (7.6 cm) spacing, which allows you to mount an optional tray with single or dual handles--giving you attachment points for lighting