The NEC NP-VE281 3D Digital Projector packs a lot of features in its highly portable 5.1 lb form. It boasts an impressive 2,800 lumens of brightness so you won't have to turn out the lights during a presentation. But if you do, you'll see the full effect of its 3,000:1 contrast and crisp SVGA (800 x 600) resolution.
Looking under the hood you'll find Texas Instruments' BrilliantColor 0.55" DLP chip churning out vibrant hues thanks to 6 color technology that also produces 50% more brightness than DLP projectors without BrilliantColor. And there's no filter to build a maintenance cycle around either. DLP projectors don't need to use them.
The NP-VE281 provides wide compatibility and connectivity with your data sources. HDMI, Component and digital audio inputs are all on board, as is an RS-232 connection for external control. You can view your presentation in 3D with the addition of optional NEC shutter glasses. Studies show that 3D programming is retained in the memory longer than 2D presentations. The powerful 7W speaker provides the volume needed for small to medium sized rooms.
Finally, this is a projector you can feel good about using. Designed with the environment in mind, the NP-VE281's ECO mode not only increases lamp life to 6,000 hours, but also reduces power draw and saves you time and money on your service cycle. Power is automatically switched off when no signal is detected from a computer and turned on again when a signal is received. There's even a carbon savings meter that displays the positive effects of using your NP-VE281.
- Easy to Use
- Bright images can be easily viewed in most applications
- High contrast images (3000:1) from the latest Texas Instruments DLP engine featuring BrilliantColor technology with improved color accuracy
- Intuitive remote control provides one-touch source changes and complete menu control
- Environmentally Friendly
- Extended lamp life with ECO Mode technology increases lamp life up to 6,000 hours, while lowering power consumption
- Power management enables projector to automatically turn off when an incoming signal is not detected from any of the inputs
- Auto Power On via the RGB (15-pin) input connector when a signal is detected from a computer
- Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup. A green ECO Mode button on the remote control makes the switch easy
- Quick start (3 to 4 seconds) lets you begin presenting in seconds while quick shutdown (immediate power off with no cooling required after shutdown) ensures efficient energy usage
- Versatile and Powerful
- Powerful 7.0W speaker provides volume needed for small to medium sized rooms
- Built-in wall color correction presets provide for adaptive color tone correction to display properly on non-white surfaces
- Plug and Play setup and operation optimizes images displayed from computers and video sources
- Intelligent Driving Scheme (IDS2) increases lamp life and contrast ratio
- Native SVGA and XGA resolution projectors automatically sync with higher resolution computers
- Virtual Remote Tool corresponds to the VGA or RS-232 and allows users to utilize virtual remote functionality from a connected PC
- Flexible input panel, color-coded and clearly labeled connects to computers, Blu-ray players and other sources using the VGA, HDMI and composite inputs
- Compact size and lightweight design simplifies transport of projector
- 10-step image magnification with location control allows you to zoom in on key information
- AV mute and video image freeze allows you to control the presentation and focus audience attention