The NEC NP-M271X Digital Projector packs great deal of features in its highly portable 6.4 lb white housing. It boasts an impressive 2,700 lumens of brightness so you won't have to turn out the lights during a presentation. But if you do, you'll see the full effect of its 3,000:1 contrast and crisp XGA (1024 x 768) resolution.
But we've only begun to scratch the surface. Looking under the hood you'll wide array of technologies that will satisfy the needs of educators, business people or home theater enthusiasts that want a projector bursting with convenience features.
The attributes of the NP-M271X are apparent right out of the box when setting up. Color-coded connections facilitate hookup to your components while AutoSense syncs with your computer's signal. Auto Power On fires up the projector once the signal is acquired. Quick Start allows you to begin presenting in 3 to 4 seconds and affects a quick shutdown when you're through without requiring cool down time. Built-in software contains wall color correction presets so that your programming looks natural even when projected on colored surfaces. There's even a DICOM Simulation function that allows those in the medical field to display accurate X-Ray images. 654 step Image Magnification lets you zoom in on details to illustrate key points during presentation.
The NP-M271X is all about ease of use through a network connection. An RJ-45 connection allows quick access to institution-wide information and permits remote users to monitor and adjust settings. The connection also facilitates email notification and maintenance scheduling. Add and optional LAN module and you can even send images via an iPad or standard computer sources while Image Express Lite facilitates data transmission.
The NP-M217X provides wide compatibility and connectivity with your data sources. As you might expect from a projector of this caliber HDMI, Component and multiple audio inputs are all on board, as is an RS-232 connection for external control. But there's also a USB input for computer-less presentations from a thumbdrive or memory stick as well as a variable audio level output that allows you to adjust the volume of optional external speakers when the built-in 10W speaker is not enough.
Finally, this is a projector you can feel good about using. Designed with the environment in mind, the NP-M271X's ECO mode not only increases lamp life to up to 10,000 hours and extends time between filter changes to 5,000 hours, but it also reduces power draw and saves you time and money in maintenance. There's even a carbon savings meter that displays the positive effects of using your NP-M271X.
- Essential Features for Education
- Plug and Play intuitive setup and operation
- Bright images easily viewed in any application
- Versatile, color-coded connections to computer, video sources and external monitor
- Automatic keystone correction technology instantly projects a square image even when the projector is set at a steep offset angle to the screen
- AutoSense intuitively syncs the projector with most computer signals and features one- touch image optimization
- Built-in closed captioning enables decoding and display of text information from a video
- One-touch source changes and complete menu control using the intuitive projector keypad
- Powerful 10W speaker provides volume needed for large rooms
- Remarkable contrast ratio (3000:1) enhances your image
- High brightness: up to 2,700 lumens
- Advanced Networking Capabilities
- Integrated RJ-45 connection for quick connection to the LAN (10/100 base-T capability)
- Remote diagnostics enable the user to monitor and make adjustments to the projector remotely
- PC CTL 4.0 controls the power switching input selection and other functions while managing lamp usage and a variety of other vital information over the network. Email notification and projector scheduling for better asset management is included with the software
- PC CTL 5.0 for MAC users
- Control and receive important broadcast messages via Crestron Roomview
- Wireless Image Utility (WIU) sends images directly from an iPad to the projector (requires wireless LAN module NP02LM1)
- Designed with the Environment in Mind
- Extended lamp life with ECO Mode technology increases lamp life up to 10,000 hours, while lowering power consumption
- Power management enables projector to automatically turn off when an incoming signal is not detected from any of the inputs
- Auto Power On via the RGB (15-pin) input connector when a signal is detected from a computer
- Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup. A green ECO Mode button on the remote control makes the switch easy.
- Quick start (3 to 4 seconds) lets you begin presenting in seconds while quick shutdown (immediate power off with no cooling required after shutdown) ensures efficient energy usage
- Sleep timer can be set to automatically turn off the projector at set countdown times
- Low power consumption (0.2W in stand-by mode) minimizes energy costs
- Other Features
- Top cover lamp change provides for easy lamp changes without removal of the projector from the mount
- Image Express Lite dedicated projector software provides wired and wireless data transmission via peer-to-peer or over the network
- 5,000 Hour filter life: this virtually maintenance-free filter reduces the frequency at which cleaning is required, thereby decreasing your total cost of ownership
- Active lens cover enables presenters to immediately mute the audio and video, then seconds later lower the lamp brightness to 25% for a short period of time
- DICOM Simulation enables users in medical environments to display accurate diagnostic images
- Virtual Remote via a network connection (wired/wireless) allows control the projector directly from a computer without the need for additional control cables
- USB Input allows you to connect your laptop or PC directly to the projector using the USB port and a standard USB cable
- USB Viewer allows you to display images stored as JPEGs from optional USB drive
- HDMI input for connecting to high-definition sources such as Blu-ray players, cable boxes, satellite receivers and PCs
- Variable Audio Out allows control of external speakers with the supplied remote
- Advanced AccuBlend ensures detailed images when non-native resolution sources are connected to the projector
- 64-step image magnification with location control
- Dual computer inputs ensure quick switching between presentations
- Four audio inputs make it easy to add sound to enhance your presentations