The Hoya 55mm alpha MC UV Filter is a general use, clear filter that helps to absorb ultraviolet light. No additional coloration or contrast is provided, allowing you to pair this filter with others.
The UV filter is also useful as a general protective filter to leave on lenses at all times. Filters help to reduce dust and moisture from reaching your lens element and provide additional protection in case of drops or situations where scratching could occur.
Hoya alpha UV filters are multi-coated for reducing flare, ghosting, and reflections on the filter surface. As a result, a higher light transmission of approximately 96% is possible, providing you with additional contrast and high color fidelity.
The alpha filters are constructed from optical glass and a precision milled aluminum frame.
- Absorbs UV light, which often makes outdoor photographs hazy and indistinct
- Clear filter provides no additional coloration or contrast, allowing you to pair this filter with others
- Works as general protection filter to reduce dust, moisture, and scratches from reaching lens elements
- Multi-coating helps to reduce flare, ghosting, and reflections on the filter surface for higher light transmission of approximately 96%, resulting in greater contrast and color fidelity
- Crafted from optical glass and a precision milled aluminum frame