The iZotope Trash 2 Distortion Software is primed for an era of audio mangling, distortion, and experimentation. It features sonic architecture, optimized performance, better sound quality, and support for modern hosts and formats. Not all distortions are created equal. Trash 2 combines the power of multi-band, dual-stage distortions, and advanced post-filtering for immediate sonic transformation. Trash any track and not just guitars and basses, but drums, synths, pads, vocals, brass, woodwinds etc.
Design your own distortion algorithms with Trash 2's customizable Waveshaper, which is easy; simply draw in, tweak, and create infinite distortions. Load one of Trash 2's 60+ distortion algorithms and adjust at will. The power to morph sound from one object to another is yours with the Convolve module. Melt your synth bass into a metal bowl, push your electric piano into a vintage cabinet or play your guitar tone through a human voice box. Convolve includes over 100 impulse responses (IR): a collection of amps, objects, animal sounds, and mouth shapes for transforming your sound. Moreover, you can concoct a unique convolution and load any .wav or .aiff file into Trash 2.
Explore the sonic dimensions with the Filter, Delay, and Dynamics modules. Breathe life and movement into your audio using the dual filters, each with 20+ evocative filter types to shape your tone. Modulate, invigorate, and apply exotic filter sounds, and then control and manipulate each node with LFOs, envelopes, and side-chaining. With a filter bank, you are free to custom design your filter styles and reach the edge of sound design. Polish it all off with Trash 2's organic Delay options and the analog-modeled compressor.
The heart of Trash 2 is its dual-stage multiband waveshaping distortion, which allows you to chain pairs of distortions together for sonic manipulation. Split the signal into multiple bands and apply distortion independently to individual frequencies, each with their own custom waveshapes. Use the new Waveform Trace to see exactly how you're mangling your waveforms in real time, and DC offset filtering to keep them centered and on track.
With distortion, tone is everything. Trash 2 gives you 2 re-designed filter modules to drive the frequencies you want into distortion or tame the ones you don't want. Shape the tone and make it your own with re-engineered Filter shapes and Vowel Filters.
Trash 2 features realistic amp, device, cabinet, effect, and speaker convolution modeling, freeing you to place your audio into another space (or object) entirely. Choose from classics, combos, boutique models, and stacks, or play with creative synthetic impulses from a number of different sources. There's a tone and character for any situation; let Trash 2 bring you outside the box with telephones, clock radios, sheet metal, plexiglas tubes, piano cabinets, tin cans, and more. With the Convolve module, you can teleport your sound wherever you please by loading in your own audio files.
Controlling distortion goes far beyond simple filtering and limiting. To get the most out of your tracks, Trash 2 includes a multiband Compressor and Noise Gate to squash the peaks, add grit and character, silence the noise, or draw out sustain. With the addition of sidechaining support, multiband processing, and an updated compression algorithm, the Dynamics module is a powerful tool in Trash 2.
Trash isn't just about distortion. Go a step further by using a classic lo-fi Delay. Choose from delays that include tape delay with saturation and nonlinear tape machine artifacts, tape-tube delay with added tube saturation modeling, classic analog delay with analog degradation, and lo-fi digital delay with quantization noise and aliasing.
- Multiband Trash Module
- Apply different distortion types to up to 4 frequency bands.
- Chain 2 distortion algorithms for each frequency band for up to 8 different flavors of destruction.
- Choose from over 60 different distortion algorithms.
- Design and edit your own distortions using the new graphic-based Waveshaper.
- Filter each stage with the included Post Filter.
- Further refine your distortions with the DC Offset Filter and Logarithmic Distortion modes.
- Filter Modules
- Experiment with 20+ sweepable filters for tons of tonal options that range from clean and warm to fat and juicy to harsh and clipping.
- Get twice the filter action with brand new Filter 1 and Filter 2 modules.
- Add LFO and envelope modulation per node to get wahs, wubs, tremolos, and other sweeping effects.
- Let your Filter settings react dynamically to other incoming audio with new sidechaining support.
- Put both filter modules in parallel to achieve different combinations of filter settings simultaneously.
- Convolve Module
- Explore over 100 redesigned Impulse Responses, each one capturing the audio characteristics of another space or object.
- Load your own custom Impulse Response using any .wav or .aiff file.
- Adjust stereo width and placement using stereo imaging controls.
- Multiband Dynamics Module
- Get analog-modeled and grit-filled compression and gating from the redesigned Dynamics module.
- Apply Dynamics to different frequency ranges independently with 4-band Multiband support.
- Trigger the Compressor or Gate via external sources with side chaining support, even to individual frequency bands in Multiband mode.
- Keep an eye on extensive Dynamics metering for immediate visual feedback.
- Determine exactly which frequencies trigger Dynamics processing using the new Detection Filter, or exploit the Filter's resonance for more creative applications of compression.
- Dig deeper into additional Dynamics options like Hard or Soft Knee compression, RMS or Peak level detection, and Auto-Gain compensation.
- Delay Module
- Experiment with 6 Different Delay Types: Tape, Tape/Tube, Analog, Lo-fi Digital, Broken Bit, and Digital.
- Adjust the special Trash slider for distorted delay effects.
- Adjust the post filter with resonance to tweak the wet signal.
- Trash your audio quickly with over 300 new presets for both wild and subtle audio mangling.
- Trash your audio easily with a fully re-designed UI that makes more controls accessible.
- Trash your audio safely with the Output Limiter.