Red Giant's PlaneSpace 1.4 (Academic Pricing) eliminates the tedious task of managing the individual layers in multi-layer effects. The Creator tools automatically create 3D layers that form cubes, cylinders, spheroids or complex matrices, while the Distribute tools arrange layers into the 3D shape of your choice. Get 16 tools that make your life easier, arranging 3D layers quickly and easily without keyframes or complicated math.
Note: Only eligible students and teachers are allowed to purchase this product for academic purposes.
- No Keyframes Necessary
- Unlike assistant tools like The Wiggler, PlaneSpace doesn't need keyframes to be present in a layer. These tools are designed purely to arrange layers in 3D space. Of course, PlaneSpace can set keyframes while animating the position and orientation of your layers, and that makes truly sophisticated 3D arrangements.
- Unlimited Number of Layers
- The number of layers that PlaneSpace manipulates is limited only by your computer's processing power. PlaneSpace can even duplicate and distribute large groups of layers. 400 layers? No problem! PlaneSpace makes it possible - and easy.
- Powerful Custom Controls
- No matter what shape you choose for its layers, PlaneSpace has helpful settings for size, distribution, how far apart the layers sit, and incremental distance. Save RAM by setting Repeat values to duplicate 10 layers instead of 100 individual ones.
- Sophisticated Shape to Shape Animation
- You can use multiple assistants to animate between two shapes. Want a cylinder to animate into a sphere, no problem, just keyframe with two different shape assistants. After Effects will take care of the animation for you.
- Built with After Effects Layers
- With the PlaneSpace, you stay within After Effect's 3D space so animation and other effects can be easily integrated with mutliple cameras and lights.
- Creator Tools
- The Creator Tools generate boxes, cylinders, a matrix or spheroid. The different tools have a host of options to set up the scale, number of layer, height, width, and controls to randomize the results.
- Distribution Tools
- The Distribution Tools let you distribute layers around a sphere, cube, cylinder, line, plane or pyramid. Unlike the Creator tools, the distribution tools build off the base shape. For example, cylinder distribution can create planar arrangements that looks like fans, a corkscrew, or a staircase with just a few clicks.
- Pro and Lite Options
- The control palette are divided into two categories, Pro and Lite. The Lite tools let you quickly build a shape with minimum work, while the Pro version offers more control over placement and repitition.