The iOptron iEQ45 GoTo German Equatorial Telescope Mount with Modified DEC Clutch offers GoTo technology with a built-in 32-bit GPS. It can support a payload of up to 45 lb. This mount comes standard with a calibrated dark field illumination polar scope and a sturdy 2” stainless steel tripod. It also fits both Vixen and Losmandy-type mounting plates. The German equatorial mount is lightweight at 25 lb, which makes it much easier to carry. The mount comes with a modified DEC clutch for free-spin OTA balance.
The iEQ45 mount includes a Go2Nova 8407 Hand Controller, which boasts iOptron’s Go2Nova computerized control. With a database of 580,000 celestial objects, this controller enables you to search the skies with ease. Using the easy-to-use hand controller and its large 8-line LCD screen, you can easily set up the telescope and select where you want to go with its user-friendly interface. This controller also allows you to slew the telescope at 9 different drive speeds, keeping the object within the telescope’s viewfinder for as long as you wish. It also makes alignment quick and simple.
The Go2Nova controller can be connected to the mount with the 6P4C controller cable. The cable is also used to connect R.A. and DEC units for an iEQ, SmartStar-PR, or Go2Nova GoTo Kit. The iEQ45 mount features an 11 lb counterweight that is specifically designed to create additional counterbalance. The RS232 to RJ9 connection cable for the Go2Nova Hand Controller 8407 allows you to make firmware upgrades.
iEQ45 GoTo German equatorial telescope mount
- Specialized astrophotography mount suitable for entry-level and intermediate astrophotographers
- Can support a payload of up to 45 lb (20kg)
- Portable, compact, and sturdy design with a high payload/mount ratio (1.7)
- ST-4 autoguiding port capable of reverse guiding with auto-protection
- Permanent periodic error correction (PEC)
- Accurate tracking with temperature compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO)
- Gap-free structure for both R.A. and declination worms
- Built-in 32-channel GPS
- Has a low working temperature of 14°F (-20°C)
- RS232 port for mount firmware upgrade and ASCOM control
- Resolution of 0.09 arc second
- Fits with both Vixen and Losmandy-type mounting plates
- 2" heavy-duty stainless steel tripod legs
- AccuAligning polar scope with dark-field illumination and quick polar alignment procedure, allowing for fast and accurate polar alignment
Go2Nova Hand Controller 8407
- Features a 130,000 object database with 256 user-defined objects
- 8 line large screen LCD
- User friendly interface
- USB port for firmware upgrades and computer interactivity (such as planetarium software)
- Comes standard on all A-series mounts, GotoNova Kits, CubePro, MiniTower, and MiniTower Pro