The M340B Floorstanding Loudspeaker from Boston Acoustics is transparent, dynamic and creates sonic images with clarity. And, because it has uses four smaller woofers rather than one or two larger woofers, the cabinet remains slim and elegant. It is also designed to integrate easily in a wide range of home décor utilizing shapes and materials that are both modern yet classic.
The M340B has a cabinet made of Lo-Q, a material consisting of two pieces of medium-density fiberboard joined together with a thick layer of damping adhesive in the middle. This material significantly reduces cabinet vibrations to virtually eliminate unwanted resonances allowing the M340B to create a larger, more vivid soundstage.
Lastly, the M340B has a slightly raised pedestal that makes the speaker seem to float effortlessly, just above the floor.
- Clear, Natural Sound for Music, Movies, and More
- The M340B Floorstanding Loudspeaker is equipped with Boston's signature 1" (2.5 cm) Extended Wide Bandwidth (EWB) dome tweeter, which is designed to cover a broad range of frequencies, reduce distortion, and improve clarity in the high registers. Unlike most tweeters, the EWB has a small dimple in the middle and a large radiating surface that extends from the center to the outside perimeter of the diaphragm. This design enables the tweeter to track subtle treble details and reproduce the highest frequencies with ease
- A 5.25" (11.4 cm) polypropylene midrange employs mass loading to dampen harmful resonances and achieve a smoother frequency response at the top of the driver's range. The M340B also features an array of four 4.5" (11.4 cm) polypropylene woofers that produce multiple floor reflections that minimize sensitivity to placement and optimize bass response. The woofers feature aluminum shorting rings for dramatically lower distortion and a clearer sound
- Lo-Q Construction to Limit Vibrations
- The M340B has a cabinet made of Lo-Q, a material consisting of two pieces of medium-density fiberboard joined together with a thick layer of damping adhesive in the middle. This material significantly reduces cabinet vibrations to virtually eliminate unwanted resonances allowing the M340 to create a larger, more vivid soundstage. An internal chamber acoustically isolates the midrange from the woofers to prevent interference and serves as a reinforcing brace near the top of the cabinet to add rigidity and reduce vibrations even further. The cabinet also contains heavy-duty absorptive fill and internal braces that have been carefully positioned to maximize the speaker's strength and optimize sound. The M340B's black gloss finish and curved side panels with faux leather wrap can complement any decor
- Additional Features
Polypropylene midrange with mass loading provides smooth overall response with minimal coloration in the critical midrange frequencies
Polypropylene woofers are lightweight and rigid with large motor structures for maximum low frequency output and heat dissipation
Rounded cabinet design with premium quality finish
Solid aluminum standoffs
5-way gold-plated precision binding posts
High quality crossover network filter circuit boards and components