The MCenter 2-Way Center Channel Loudspeaker from Boston Acoustics is a two-way center channel speaker equipped with a 2.5" (6.4 cm) Balance Mode Radiator (BMR) driver and two 4.5" (11.4 cm) bass drivers. This combination creates a heightened, 3D-audio cinematic experience because the BMR radiates not just in a narrow cone shaped format, but across the full 180 degrees. This creates a very open sound stage where each sound effect is perceived to have its own position.
The BMR tweeter responds to frequencies as low as 300Hz (rather than 3000Hz for traditional tweeters) so movie dialogue is delivered from a single source. There is no one sweet spot for the audience. With the single source BMR you are always ensured of crystal-clear dialogue wherever you sit.
Lastly, the speaker is short enough to fit easily on shelves and its ports have been put on the front to limit proximity effect when placed in cabinets or near walls.
- Balanced Mode Radiator Driver for Optimal Surround Sound
- The MCenter Center Channel Loudspeaker features Balanced Mode Radiator (BMR) driver technology, designed to improve dialog and surround effects across a broad listening range. The 2.5" (6.4 cm) BMR driver uses a flat panel diaphragm that operates in two modes simultaneously. To reproduce lower frequencies, the diaphragm moves in and out like a piston--similar to how a traditional driver works. To reproduce higher frequencies, the diaphragm bends. These two modes of operation significantly extend the usable range of the driver, resulting in enhanced high frequency dispersion for more consistent surround sound. A low crossover point delivers clear sound reproduction in midrange frequencies where the human ear is most sensitive. The speaker also contains two 4.5" (11.4 cm) polypropylene cone woofers for dynamic bass
- Lo-Q Construction to Limit Vibrations
- The MCenter has a cabinet made of Lo-Q, a material consisting of two pieces of medium-density fiberboard joined together with a thick layer of damping adhesive in the middle. This material significantly reduces cabinet vibrations to virtually eliminate unwanted resonances allowing the MCenter to create a larger, more vivid soundstage
- Short Cabinet for Easy Placement
- Because it uses a BMR driver, the MCenter is shorter than typical speakers with a stacked tweeter and midrange. As a result, it can more easily fit on a shelf under a display or hang on a wall