The MSurround 2-Way Surround Loudspeaker (Black) from Boston Acoustics incorporate a 2.5" (6.4 cm) BMR driver, which further enhances the 180-degree sound dispersion and open soundstage. Everyone in the room - not just those in the center of the room - can enjoy the full effect of surround sound. What's more, you'll hardly notice the visual appearance of these speakers - their compact, discrete design enables them to blend seamlessly into your living space.
It is also easy to install, thanks to the integrated keyhole mounting points.
- Balanced Mode Radiator Driver for Optimal Surround Sound
- The MCenter Center Channel Loudspeaker features Balanced Mode Radiator (BMR) driver technology, designed to improve dialog and surround effects across a broad listening range. The 2.5" (6.4 cm) BMR driver uses a flat panel diaphragm that operates in two modes simultaneously. To reproduce lower frequencies, the diaphragm moves in and out like a piston--similar to how a traditional driver works. To reproduce higher frequencies, the diaphragm bends. These two modes of operation significantly extend the usable range of the driver, resulting in enhanced high frequency dispersion for more consistent surround sound. A low crossover point delivers clear sound reproduction in midrange frequencies where the human ear is most sensitive. The speaker also contains two 4.5" (11.4 cm) polypropylene cone woofers for dynamic bass
- Low Frequency Output
- Polypropylene woofers are lightweight and rigid with large motor structures for maximum low frequency output and heat dissipation
- Short Cabinet for Easy Placement
- Because it uses a BMR driver, the MSurround is shorter than typical speakers with a stacked tweeter and midrange. As a result, it can more easily fit on a shelf under a display or hang on a wall. In addition, the MSurround is equipped with four-way brackets to facilitate easy mounting