The 1000W MSubwoofer from Boston Acoustics features an internal power amplifier rated at 500W (1000W of peak output). The amplifier is mated to a specially designed 10" (25.4 cm) woofer capable of handling this much power. The woofer features high excursion capabilities, a heavy duty surround and a large voice coil. There are also two 8" (20.3 cm) passive radiators - one on each side of the cabinet - that allow the subwoofer to play the lowest notes and to reproduce the loudest peaks with low distortion in a relatively small enclosure.
Finally, the internal power supply includes a large toroidal transformer to keep plenty of power on reserve so the subwoofer can handle even the most demanding music or film soundtrack with ease and authority.
- Internal Amplifier and Power Supply
- The MSubwoofer contains an internal 500W power amplifier that is capable of delivering 1000W of peak output when needed. The speaker's internal power supply features a large toroidal transformer to keep plenty of power on reserve to handle demanding music or film soundtracks with ease
- Surround Sound with Low Distortion
- A 10" (25.4 cm) woofer driver delivers heavy-duty surround sound, while two 8" (20.3 cm) passive radiators play low notes with little distortion
- Optimal Bass for Music, Movies, and More
- With the MSubwoofer, you can enjoy rich bass while listening to music, watching movies or TV shows, or playing games through your home theater system. A 10" (25.4 cm) woofer driver delivers heavy-duty surround sound, while two 8" (20.3 cm) passive radiators--one on each side of the cabinet--enable the subwoofer to play the lowest notes and reproduce the loudest peaks with very little distortion. The MSubwoofer also contains Boston's BassTrac circuitry to deliver clear, rich bass
- Various Inputs to Connect to Your Home Theater System
- To connect seamlessly with your home theater system, the MSubwoofer is equipped with two types of inputs. The low-frequency effects input is designed to be used with electronics such as preamplifiers, audio/video receivers, and other devices with built-in crossover controls. The left and right inputs allow you to optimize the crossover point between the subwoofer and main speaker by adjusting a single knob
- Low Pass Filter to Adjust Bass Extension
- The MSubwoofer features an adjustable low pass filter that allows you to tune the subwoofer's output to match the bass extension of the main speakers for optimal balance. For instance, if your speakers have excellent bass extension, you can set the subwoofer to produce only the lowest tones