The DIR-640L Wireless N300 VPN SOHO Router from D-Link is a high speed wireless router that makes it simple to connect a variety of devices to the Internet. Whether it is your desktop computer or tablet, you can utilize either the high-speed Wireless N connectivity or for a stable wired connection you can take advantage of one of the four integrated Fast Ethernet ports.
This N300 router also comes equipped with extensive VPN connectivity options. You can easily create secure connections with support for up to 25 VPN tunnels and standards including IPSec, PPTP, L2TP, and GRE tunneling. The built in security features include DHCP Server/Client, DNS relay, SysLog support and email-alerts, SNMP management and Quality of Service.
- User Configurable Interface
- The DIR-640L features an intuitive user interface that can be configured and monitored via D-Link's web-based management interface. These configuration options can be managed through Admin or Read/Write administrator rights. With these access management levels, any authorized user can configure or access the management interface of the DIR-640L.
- Enterprise-Class Security
- The DIR-640L can encrypt all wireless transmissions using WPA or WPA2 to protect your network. It also protects your network from online intruders and potential attacks with Dual Active Firewall protection using Network Address Translation (NAT) and Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI).
- Advanced Hardware Features
- The DIR-640L can be connected to a cable or DSL modem to share high-speed Internet access. It also doubles as a 4-port full-duplex 10/100 switch to connect up to four Ethernet-enabled devices, and you can add more switches to expand your wired network. This router also functions as a Wireless N access point to connect wireless devices to your network. In addition, you can create a Virtual Private Network (VPN) with the DIR-640L and allow up to 25 off-site or traveling users to securely access your central network through the Internet simultaneously.
- VPN Performance
- For optimal VPN configuration, the DIR-640L has an integrated VPN Server to support almost any required VPN policy. This device has a hardware VPN engine to support and manage up to 25 VPN configurations. The DIR-640L can support IPSec, PPTP, L2TP, and GRE protocols in Server mode and can handle pass-through traffic as well. Advanced VPN configuration options include: DES, 3DES, and AES encryption, IKE/ISAKMP key management, Main/ Aggressive Negotiation modes, and VPN authentication support using the internal 10-user database.