The 512GB Little Big Disk SSD from LaCie is a multi facetted SATA III solid state drive equipped with two Thunderbolt ports. Take advantage of various RAID configurations including the preconfigured RAID0 Striped set for enhanced data transfer speeds of up to 635MB/s and the option to utilize RAID1 and JBOD configurations via the Mac OS Disk Utility for data redundancy.
Inside the aluminum enclosure you find two SATA III solid-state drives each supporting a 6Gb/s interface. These drives are designed with the ability to daisy chain up to six Thunderbolt Technology-compatible devices such as other drives and even Thunderbolt displays.
- Enhanced Data Speed
- Featuring a preconfigured RAID0 striped set with a solid-state drive through the 10Gb/s Thunderbolt interface, you benefit from enhanced transfer rates. The SATA III SSD delivers up to 35% more speed than the previous generation allowing you to achieve data speeds in excess of 635MB/s.
- Performance in Reads
- You can daisy chain multiple LaCie Little Big Disks together to increase overall transfer rates. The more products you chain together, the higher performance you get. Daisy chain four LaCie Little Big Disks with SSDs to maximize Thunderbolt interface capabilities and reach transfer rates of around 800MB/s. With the LaCie Little Big Disk you can acquire, edit, and play back multiple uncompressed A/V streams directly from the drive with ultimate ease and portability, no matter the size or resolution of the content.
- RAID for Speed or Security
- Use Disk Utility on your Mac OS to configure the LaCie Little Big Disk into a RAID array that suits your needs. It's possible to set it up as a mirrored RAID set (RAID 1), which provides data protection if one disk fails. Alternatively, configure it as a striped RAID set (RAID 0) to maximize speed and capacity for large file storage and fast transfers.
- Thunderbolt Interface
- Thunderbolt technology is a flexible interface permitting daisy chaining up to six compatible peripherals and combining two existing communication protocols, one for data and the other for display, simultaneously over a single cable. Each cable provides two channels with 10Gb/s bandwidth for both uplink and downlink. As a result, both video and data can be pushed and pulled both ways without compromising bandwidth. Simplify connections between your A/V devices and computer peripherals by daisy chaining them all together so you only need a single port on your laptop. A mini DisplayPort allows you to connect both displays and your LaCie Little Big Disk to your Mac.
- Lightweight Powerhouse
- The LaCie Little Big Disk weighs just 1.4 lb featuring its own cooling system as well as the ability to connect to both displays and laptops.
- Aluminum Reliability and Security
- The Little Big Disk is enclosed in LaCie's d2 casing designed by Neil Poulton. The resilient aluminum armor protects the data inside whether the Little Big Disk is in the field or in transit. Not only is it constructed of sturdy aluminum, its unique heat sink design provides 60% more surface area, which draws heat away from the internal components, keeping it cool and safe at all times. What's more, its front power button allows you to turn off the Little Big Disk without breaking a daisy chain, always with energy conservation in mind.