The 1TB Little Big Disk Thunderbolt SSD from LaCie is a solid state drive equipped with two Thunderbolt ports capable of supporting data transfer speeds of up to 10Gb/s. With independent uplink and downlink data channels, data can be sent and received at speeds of up to 10Gb/s simultaneously. Adding additional drives is made easy as you can daisy chain up to six Thunderbolt devices and displays directly through this Little Big Disk.
The Little Big Disk Drive comes preconfigured in a RAID 0 stripped set providing enhanced performance with zero redundancy. If RAID 0 doesn't meet your needs, you can also configure the drive to be RAID 1 compliant, ensuring data is written identically to two drives, thereby producing a "mirrored set." Backing up your data and managing your drive is made simple as this drive is Time Machine compatible. It also comes with LaCie Backup Assistant with data restore for Mac 10.6 and Genie Timeline Pro for additional backup and management options.
- Enhance Fibre Channel Rackmount Storage
- This LaCie Little Big Disk Thunderbolt drive features a preconfigured SSD with a RAID 0 striped set, providing data transfer speeds of up to 10Gb/s via the Thunderbolt interface. With SATA III SSD compatibility you can take advantage of up to 35% more speed than the previous generation.
- Performance in Reads
You can even daisy chain multiple LaCie Little Big Disks together to increase overall transfer rates. The more products you chain together, the higher performance you get. Daisy chain four LaCie Little Big Disks with SSDs to maximize Thunderbolt interface capabilities and reach transfer rates of around 800MB/s.
All in all, the LaCie Little Big Disk makes it possible to acquire, edit, and play back multiple uncompressed A/V streams directly from the drive with ease and portability, no matter the size or resolution of the content.
- RAID for Speed or Security
- Use Disk Utility on your Mac to configure the LaCie Little Big Disk into a RAID array that suits your needs. It's possible to set it up as a mirrored RAID set (RAID 1), which provides data protection if one disk fails. Alternatively, configure it as a striped RAID set (RAID 0) to maximize speed and capacity for large file storage and fast transfers.
- Thunderbolt Interface
- With the integrated thunderbolt interface you can daisy chain up to six compatible peripherals and combine two existing communication protocols - one for data and the other for display - simultaneously over a single cable. Each cable provides two channels with 10Gb/s bandwidth for both uplink and downlink. With two channels video and data can be pushed and pulled both ways without compromising bandwidth. You can also simplify connections between your A/V devices and computer peripherals by daisy chaining them all together so you only need a single port on your laptop. It's even mini DisplayPort backwards compatible.
- Featherweight Powerhouse
- The LaCie Little Big Disk weighs just 1.4 lb, making it a portable powerhouse. It fits in the palm of your hand, features its own cooling system, and can be connected to displays and laptops. Take advantage of zero lag time, perfect for presentations and browsing through digital libraries. When on the go you can download your data directly onto the Little Big Disk and begin working while out in the field. You can also take advantage of support for multiple uncompressed video streams and multichannel audio.
- Aluminum Reliability and Security
- The Little Big Disk is enclosed in LaCie's classic d2 casing, designed by Neil Poulton. The resilient aluminum armor protects the data inside whether the Little Big Disk is in the field or in transit. Not only is it constructed of sturdy aluminum, but its heat sink design provides 60% more surface area, helping to draw heat away from the internal components, keeping it cool and safe at all times. In addition to the enhanced cooling capability found within the Little Big Disk, you can also utilize the front power button to turn off your disk without breaking a daisy chain.