Califone's MP4 Player Recorder is a personal media player that helps students master reading, speaking, and listening skills by enabling them to view educational videos, charts, or diagrams. It has the capability to play and record audio files from science experiments, class presentations, or educator lessons for later playback. It can be used for one on one and differentiated small group learning programs and it can be used by teachers to reinforce curriculum concepts taught in class to strengthen understanding and increase student motivation. Use of this player/recorder can give students the ability to take individual ownership of their work at their own pace, while offering high-quality digital learning resources for nurturing language learning and reading skills, ELL, ELD applications, and listening to recorded books and music.
With its built-in microphone, it supports students creating podcasts for project-based learning activities, speech pathologists who can track a student's progress, and teachers that can record audio notes to email to parents. It has an LCD touch-screen for easy-to-use navigation with dual 3.5mm headphone jacks for two students to listen and watch at the same time, or a stereo jack box can be connected instead of a second headphone to expand the number of participating students. Since hearing safety is so important, the built-in Sentinel technology restricts the volume of playback to the ASHA recommended 85 dB maximum, with the option to disengage the sound restriction for students with special needs or other situations.
The player/recorder comes with one lightweight, adjustable digital stereo 8200-HP headphone, whose on-ear ear cups help reduce ambient noise to keep the students more on task.
- Dual 3.5mm jacks connect two headphones at one time
- Built-in microphone records podcasts, vocal responses, tracks student progress, can be used for testing, and can't get lost
- Menu and on/off buttons
- Mini USB port for uploading/downloading files
- 4GB internal memory and accommodates up to a 16GB Micro-SD card (not included)
- Headphones with on-ear ambient noise-reducing ear cups for hearing protection and to help keep students on task
- Lock switch
- 3.5mm microphone-in for podcasting