Video Nation from Pearson Education written by Jefferson Graham is a do-it-yourself guide to planning, shooting, and sharing great video.
All kinds of people are creating video for the web: bloggers, small business owners, web show hosts, and corporate marketing departments, to name just a few. How do the best videos get made and go viral? What secrets lie behind them? In Video Nation you'll learn everything you need to make great-looking video for YouTube, Facebook or your blog-from one of the top experts around.
Jefferson Graham, host of USA Today's Talking Tech and Talking Your Tech, takes you skillfully through the art of video creation and distribution. And you'll have a lot of fun along the way. You'll learn what equipment you need to get started--from bare bones to wish list state-of-the-art great. You'll get the skinny on sound and lighting. You'll learn how to properly set up for and shoot an interview. You'll even get to take your video to the next level by using multiple cameras as they do on TV.
You'll also find 30 downloadable video lessons so you see the concepts from the book in action, including how to make a great video on an iPhone, lighting techniques, simple editing techniques, and much more.
• Tips on developing fresh new ways to promote your business or yourself
• A guide to the tools available for a "one-man band" production, including advice on shooting with DSLRs, point-and-shoot cameras, and iPhones
• Best techniques for setting up, preparing questions for, and interviewing a subject from a video producer who has interviewed everyone from comedian Jeff Dunham and the late Steve Jobs to Kermit the Frog
• Detailed descriptions of working with sound and lighting for a variety of indoor and outdoor scenarios
• Step-by-step coverage of using editing programs such as Apple iMovie, Adobe Premiere Elements, and Final Cut Pro X
• A guide to uploading your video to YouTube, create a channel, market your video with Twitter and Facebook, and earn thousands of dollars a year from your efforts via the YouTube Partner program
Chapter One: Overview
Chapter Two: Ideas
Chapter Three: Video Tools: camera, lights and audio action
Chapter Four: Pre-production planning
Chapter Five: Production Day
Chapter Six: Editing
Chapter Seven: Advanced Techniques
Chapter Eight: It's Showtime!
About the Author:
Jefferson Graham is a long-time technology reporter for USA Today, and host, producer and editor of the USA Today Talking Tech and Talking Your Tech video shows, which features interviews with tech newsmakers and reviews of the latest gadgets and gizmos. Tech guests have included celebrities such as Carson Daly, Selena Gomez and Valerie Bertinelli; tech stars like Zynga CEO Mark Pincus and Pandora's Tim Westergren; and YouTube breakouts iJustine and the Annoying Orange himself, Dane Boedigheimer. All the shows are produced professionally on the same DIY budgets described in this book. Graham is the author of nine books and is also an accomplished Manhattan Beach-based portrait photographer, videographer, and jazz guitarist.