The PICO - 4GB Handheld PCM/MP3 Recorder from Nagra is a solid-state audio recorder designed to capture PCM WAV files as well as MP3 files. It features 4GB of internal storage, a stereo pair of built-in high-sensitivity cardioid mics and over 40 hours of operation on two AA batteries.
The PICO handheld recorder offers extra options like automatic gain control, a low cut filter, and VOR sound-activated recording. It is also fitted with several pre-programmed equalizer settings to enhance playback. Additionally, the PICO provides no-nonsense operation with features like instant start-up, one-button recording and an internal speaker.
- Mono or Stereo Recording
- The Nagra PICO has both mono and stereo recording options. Mono recording is a good option for any recording without spatial parameters, like a one-on-one interview. Recording in mono effectively cuts the file size in half, allowing you to fit longer recordings onto the 4GB internal storage.
- Volume Operated Recording
- Volume Operated Recording (VOR) is accomplished by monitoring the input sound level. When sound rises above a certain level, PICO begins recording. When sound level is faint, it stops. There are 3 preset sensitivity levels built in to PICO.
- Power for an External Mic
- PICO can provide 3V power to supply external electret microphones.
- Noise Cut Switch
- Noise Cut decreases low-frequency noise by adding a high pass filter at 100 Hz.
- Playback EQ
- PICO has 7 EQ modes for playback: Normal, Classic, Fullbass, Jazz, Pop, Rock and Dance.