Camel Audio's Alchemy Electronic consists of Alchemy, Dubstep, Arp Dimensions, Cinematic Impacts, Electronic Bass, Dance & Trance, Junkie XL: Future Oldskool, and BigTone sound libraries.
Alchemy is the ultimate sample manipulation synthesizer which can turn your musical dreams into reality. It's a synth powerhouse and yet is easy to use thanks to its powerful browser, performance controls and remix pad. The library of contemporary sounds explores new sonic territory ranging from cutting-edge pads and sublime soundscapes to ultra-fat basses and synths. Just tweak the library of presets from many of the world's top sound designers or dive in and analyze your own samples.
Alchemy is perfect if you want quick and easy access to inspiring sounds. The new browser in v1.5 is the most fully-featured sound browser available, allowing you to find all your slow attack strings, glitchy dubstep basses, tempo-synched warm pads, or whatever you need in a matter of seconds. All Camel Audio presets have been carefully tagged by category, genre, articulation, and timbre. Finding favorites is a breeze - simply rate presets with a single click and then sort by rating. You can add tags to make it easy to call up presets associated with a particular project or live set.
Alchemy ships with over 5GB of exclusive samples and a library of over 1000 presets (8000 remix variations) including a free Sound Library of your choice, from many of the world's top sound designers. Sounds range from soaring pads to endlessly evolving soundscapes and playable arps. There is an extensive range of Sound Libraries available to further extend your library.
The perform section gives access to the most important controls for the current preset, making it simple to tweak. Quickly alter sounds to fit your music using the remix pad to explore the space between the 8 hand-crafted variations of each sound.
The Alchemy App for iPhone and iPad is an inspiring touch remote. It's perfect onstage for live performances or in the studio you'll spend more time getting inspired at your controller keyboard and less time reaching for the mouse.
Alchemy allows you to manipulate sounds in ways which are impossible with any other soft synth or sampler. Alchemy features the most powerful additive synthesis engine with the most accurate resynthesis available in any plug-in, which allows you to create unique sounds. Alchemy also features spectral and granular synthesis, sampling, and a fat sounding virtual analog engine - it's like getting five synths for the price of one! You can morph or crossfade between sources for anything from vector mixing, to morphing one voice into another. Listen to the music player above to hear the huge variety of possibilities.
You can import your own samples from SFZ, WAV or AIFF files. A wide range of analog modeled filters are included, in addition to a flexible rack of effects which includes all those from CamelPhat and CamelSpace as well as many new effects such as a high quality reverb. The innovative modulation system is extremely flexible, yet easy to use. Alchemy also features a powerful arpeggiator.
Dubstep is a dark blend of wobble bass lines, twisted soundscapes and deep sub-basses. This 75-preset sound library is tightly focused on usable dubstep sounds, covering the complete range from sparse minimalism through to mashed-up mayhem. Basses abound, with bucketloads of animated wobble basses, throbbing subs, plenty of grime-laden, squelchy synths, heavyweight drum sounds, plus punchy FX for your builds, drops and transitions.
With over 150MB of new sampled content, Dubstep includes comprehensive kits full of punchy drums and lush FX hits, rich new pad sounds, reverberant soundscapes and glitchy FX.
Arp Dimensions is a bubbling world of cascading melodies, pulsating soundscapes and headbanging layered riffs. No static arpeggios here - each preset incorporates extensive programming options to offer a seamless mini-world of evolving possibilities. This library is perfect for genres as diverse as electronica, dance and ambient, all locked in perfect sync to the tempo of your track. Many patches have a dedicated knob for switching between multiple arpeggiated patterns, so it's easy to make them fit your music.
Featuring hypnotic bass riffs, sci-fi bleeps and swooping synth motifs, ethnic percussion workouts, heavenly bells, scraped strings, pulsing voices, calming mantras, plus darting and stuttering chaotica. From classic simplicity to wild note excesses, from gently swelling sparseness to complex multi-layered riffs, Arp Dimensions has it all.
Cinematic Impacts is the perfect high-energy companion when writing your action-packed blockbuster movie or game. This 105 preset compact sound library is packed with dramatic stings, bowel-loosening impacts, massive hits and crashes, slowly-building surges, swirling transitions and reverses, and vertigo-inducing falls and ricochets. There are sounds here to make you shiver and make you smile, and these mostly one-shot hits and percussive sound effects can also be used to create evolving soundscapes, rhythmic beds and edgy riffs that will have you on the edge of your seat.
Cinematic Impacts also includes 130MB of new sample content, including massive drum hits and loops, mega impacts, dramatic rises and whooshes, plus large bell and gong strikes, spooky drones, and electronic shivers. This sound library contains totally new material, making it the perfect companion to the original 'Cinematic'.
Electronic Bass is a voyage into the depths, offering cutting precision and rock-solid foundations. From rich and powerful to clean and deep, thin and wiry to the thickest layers imaginable, this collection covers everything from hard techno bass that can slice through a mix to smooth, throbbing sub-basses, phat synthesized tones, filthy electro, deep dubstep wobble basses, short attacking stabs, speaker-shredding filter sweeps, deep hypnotic arpeggios and bouncing, sequenced bass loops.
Suitable for a wide range of genres from dubstep to techno, Electronic Bass also introduces over fifty new sampled bass sounds, and has been carefully sorted into folder categories so you can quickly find the most suitable candidate for your project.
Dance & Trance drives your music towards hypnotic euphoria, with its anthemic leads and basses, chordal stabs, pumping beats, stuttering gated riffs and darting arpeggios. Featuring massive supersaw and hard sync synths, aggressive underground sounds and epic hooks, it also has a gentler side when you want to chill out, with seriously lush pads, delicate digital synths, breathy sweeps, skippy grooves, and dancing delays.
Whether you like your sounds classic, acid, progressive, or uplifting, raising the energy has never been so easy, while loops, arpeggios and riffs all remain tempo-locked to your songs whatever their BPM. It also includes a few specially-selected samples including four-on-the-floor beats, fat basses and specially flavored synths.
Junkie XL: Future Oldskool is not a collection for the faint-hearted. From cone-shaking sub-basses to searing leads, journeying through animated loops, tortured guitars and unnerving sound effects, all the way to delicate breathy pads, rich strings, and dark angelic soundscapes, these are not sounds to play to your granny. However, if you want your music to have elemental power, rich squelchy filters, phat bottom end, and uplifting sounds that can bring tears to your eyes, look no further. The specially created sample library content incorporates classic oldskool synths, haunting vocals, shiny and glistening pads, captured wavetables, along with scary basses and underground shivers.
Junkie XL is a talented producer and remixer. His 'Radio JXL' album featured collaborations with Depeche Mode's Dave Gahan, Gary Numan, Robert Smith from The Cure and Public Enemy's Chuck D. The album also included a remix of Elvis Presley's 'A Little Less Conversation', which became a #1 hit in more than twenty countries. He has also remixed tracks by Bloc Party, Coldplay, Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, Scissor Sisters and Justin Timberlake.
BigTone is a collection of warm synth sounds, immaculately programmed pads and playable arps which are suitable for a wide range of genres including trance, ambient and electronica. The library comes with over 100MB of bespoke samples, and was created by respected sound designer BigTone.
- Sound Libraries
- Contains 8 sound libraries
- Amazing Sounds
Alchemy comes with a library of 1000 presets including a free Sound Library of your choice covering everything from evolving pads, and sublime soundscapes to playable arps, basses, vocal textures and atmospheric sound effects designed by many of the worlds top sound designers. It also features a 5.5GB sample library recorded over many years of dedicated sampling sessions, covering both unusual creative material such as the sound of chewing polystyrene and more conventional sampling of numerous acoustic instruments and voices, including a chamber choir.
• Over 5.5GB of samples and analyzed content from in-house designers Tim Conrardy and Biomechanoid, as well as designers such as Ian Boddy, Robert Rich, Scott Solida and Nucleus SoundLab
• Sound designers include Biomechanoid, Tim Conrardy, Arksun, Luftrum, Ian Boddy, Richard Devine, Michael Kastrup, Junkie XL, Ugo, Artvera, John 'Skippy' Lehmkuhl, Tasmodia, Adam van Baker, Robert Rich, Lotuzia, bManic, Beej, Xenox, Jim Hunter, Antonio Blanca, Torben Hansen, Paul Nauert, Christian Kjeldsen, Rory Dow, Bryan 'Xenos' Lee, Ole Jeppesen, Martin Walker, Pendle, BigTone, himalaya, patchen preston, yuroun and Dangerous Bear
• All presets carefully tagged for the new browser
• Intelligent random preset generation with a single click
• Import your own SFZ and WAV files
• Advanced resynthesis engines help keep the library small, reducing the need for a huge disk-straining sample library
• Many expansion Sound Libraries available
- Powerful Browser
The new browser is the most fully-featured sound browser available, allowing you to find all your slow attack strings, glitchy dubstep basses, tempo-synched warm pads, or whatever you need in a matter of seconds. All Camel Audio presets have been carefully tagged by category, subcategory, genre, sound library, sound designer, articulation, and timbre. Finding favorites is a breeze - simply rate presets with a single click and then sort by rating. Users can add tags to make it easy to call up presets associated with a particular project or live set, and can also add comments to presets with playing tips or other notes.
• Search by Category, Subcategory, Genre, Sound Library, Sound Designer, Articulation or Timbre
• All Alchemy and Alchemy Sound Libraries fully tagged to make finding sounds a breeze
• One click rating of presets and sort by rating or alphabetically
• Add user tags, so you can tag presets associated with a particular project or live set
• Easy to use tagging of presets including the ability to apply tags to multiple presets
• Free text search of all fields including preset name
• Add comments to presets for playing suggestions or other notes
• Browser displays image for each Sound Library
- Performance Controls
Alchemy is perfect if you just want to quickly and easily have access to inspiring sounds. The perform section makes it possible to have an incredibly powerful synth with an incredibly simple interface. The perform section has the most important controls for the current sound. The remix pad makes it possible to quickly experiment with variations of the current sound - simply click and drag to morph between the eight variations.
• 16 controls per preset carefully assigned by the preset designer, for instant access to each presets most tweakable parameters
• 8 remix pad variations per preset - click and drag to morph between variations
• Two XY squares
• Unique 'auto assign' feature to assign a full set of performance controls with two clicks
- Morphable Sources
Alchemy has four sources which are each capable of resynthesizing sounds using a wide range of techniques. Alchemy is capable of a larger number of resynthesis techniques with higher quality resynthesis than with any other software synth. Resynthesis allows you to do many interesting things which are impossible with conventional samplers such as morph between sounds, change the balance between the pitched and noise parts of a sound, adjust the odd/even harmonic balance and stretch or elongate the parts of a sound.
• 4 stereo sources each of which has additive, VA, spectral, granular and sampler engines
• Morph between sources using advanced harmonic blending and precise time alignment. Crossfade between sounds with vector mixing
• Modulatable stretch and position knobs for anything from tempo synced loops to wavesequencing
• Up to 100 zones per source using any synthesis method
• Easy to use file import browser with sample preview
• Micro tuning support with comprehensive categorized library of scales
• Highly optimized code including SSE and Altivec optimizations
- Additive Resynthesizer
Alchemy has the most powerful additive synthesis engine available in any soft synth. Additive synthesis is capable of creating any sound you can imagine. When you import a sound to the additive engine, you break it down into its harmonics, which offers an incredible depth of control over the sound.
• Very high quality analysis and resynthesis - import vocal phrases, drum loops and more
• Up to 600 stereo oscillators
• Realtime modulation of amplitude, pitch and pan spectrums by any modulator - for example, control the odd/even harmonic balance, pan partials using LFOs, stretch or contract the harmonic spectrum and lots more
• Individual amplitude, pitch and pan envelopes for each partial
• Easy to use additive editor with unique detail knob to simplify sounds for editing
- Spectral Resynthesizer
The spectral synthesis engine allows you to analyze sounds and then perform high quality pitch and time stretching on them. You can also view the sounds as pictures and edit them with paint brushes and other graphics tools.
• Phase vocoder analysis for high quality pitch and time stretching
• Noise resynthesis mode using 256 band noise shaping
• Advanced graphical sonogram editing - choose from a range of brushes and select the colour and opacity
• Graphical spectral cut, copy and paste - cut or copy and paste specific frequency and time regions
- Granular Synthesizer
Granular synthesis represents sounds as a stream of 'grains', or tiny pieces of sound. Alchemy offers a very powerful granular synthesis engine which is great for time stretching and pitch shifting as well as creating all kinds of special effects.
• Freely modulatable parameters including grain size, density (up to 10 simultaneous grains), random grain time and random pan
• Selectable and customizable granular window shapes
Alchemy can play back highly detailed sample libraries of acoustic instruments, as it now supports round-robin and key-switching plus unlimited keyboard zones and velocity layers. Alchemy may be the only sample player you ever need, since it can now load third-party or converted SFZ libraries, or you can select multiple WAV files and have them automatically mapped across the keyboard. When you load an SFZ file, Alchemy automatically creates eight remix pad variations using different effects and modulations.
• Round-robin provides realistic repeated notes
• Keyswitching for rapid access to different articulations
• Automatic easy mapping of multiple WAV files across the keyboard
• Intelligent memory handling to allow you to load any SFZ file no matter how large
• SFZ opcodes supported: 'region' and 'group' headers and the following opcodes: sample, pitch_keycenter, lokey, hikey, key, lovel, hivel, loop_mode, cutoff, fil_veltrack, default_path, volume, tune, pan, seq_position, trigger, sw_last
- Virtual Analog Synthesizer
Alchemy has a virtual analog synthesis engine with a wide variety of waveform shapes, pulse width modulation and a powerful unison engine capable of synthesizing up to 600 oscillators.
• PWM and symmetry control
• Initial phase control
• Up to 600 oscillator unison with pitch, amp and pan control of unison oscillators
• Large library of single cycle waveforms from classic synths to new designs by Galbanum
- Flexible Modulation
Alchemy has a more powerful modulation system than any soft-synth outside of dedicated synth construction environments. Alchemy features a unique 'modular' modulation system which combines ease of use with almost limitless flexibility. It's a bit different from an ordinary synthesizer's modulation system, but don't worry: you can learn the basics in no time.
• Up to 16 LFOs, 16 AHDSRs, 16 MSEGs, 16 step sequencers - only those you use are displayed
• Virtually every knob is modulatable by up to five different modulators (including modulation-depth knobs, modulator parameters...)
• Advanced mod-map feature for anything from drawing custom velocity curves to creating algorithmic random note in a scale effects
• Xy-mseg shows you a vector style view of two parameters such as morph x and y position, with ability to import xy timelines
• Per destination 'smooth' control
• Modulation arcs intuitively show the range of modulation
• Modulation details of selected knob automatically displayed
• Right click on knob and select 'add modulation' to rapidly add and assign modulators
• Playing speed modulation source allows variable response to fast and slow playing; for example to crossfade between staccato and legato samples
• Unique flip-flop modulation source for customizable round robin effects
- Analog Filters
Alchemy has 31 different filter types including many based on analog models of classic synths. With three filter slots per source, plus two main filters and two filters in the effects rack, you can have up to a massive 15 simultaneous filters.
• Up to 15 simultaneous filters
• 31 different filter types including 18 analog modelled filters, 2 comb filters, 3 CamelPhat distortion algorithms and polyphonic ring modulation
• Each source can be mixed between 2 parallel main filters each of which has an effects mix control
• 3 filters per source configurable between serial and parallel modes; applications include formant filtering with free control over the frequency and bandwidth of each formant
- 16 Effects
Alchemy boasts a wide variety of high quality effects processors, and what's more, virtually all the effects parameters are modulatable offering a huge variety of possibilities.
• Camel reverb, acoustic reverb, 2 delays, 2 mod fx (each capable of flanger and chorus effects), 2 distortions (each has bit crusher, tube, mech and xcita effects), bass enhancer, compressor, multi mode filter, 2 bandpass filters and band reject mixers, 2 three band EQs, panner and amplifier
• All of the CamelSpace and CamelPhat effects included
• Virtually all effects parameters are modulatable
• Acoustic reverb with detailed control of time, damping and room design
• Up to five effects blocks can be applied in any order
• Flexible delay featuring two filter slots, crossover, offset and initial delay controls
• Band pass filters and associated band reject mixers allow you to apply effects to specific frequency ranges for effects such as multiband distortion
- Groove Arpeggiator
Alchemy has a flexible arpeggiator with up to 128 steps and separate control over the velocity, pitch, pan and precise timing of each note, and you can even import MIDI files.
• Separate control of the velocity, pitch and pan of each note
• MIDI file import for drum patterns and melodies
• Groove import to synchronize to a particular drum pattern
• Wide variety of modes including up, down, up/down, down/up, as played, random and chord
• Many parameters including multiple latch modes, key splits, played key velocity control, octave and source controllable from the modulation system
• Ability to control one source or all four
• Up to 128 steps
- Remote Control for iPhone/iPad
The touch remote feature of the Alchemy Mobile App (paid download) allows you to combine the immediacy of touch with the power of a desktop synthesizer. Change preset, move the remix pad, and access performance controls - all without leaving the comfort of your controller keyboard. Previously the domain of multi-thousand dollar devices, polyphonic pitch bend is new to v1.5, and offers an amazingly expressive way of playing instruments - especially when combined with polyphonic aftertouch. Also users can now save desktop presets and all referenced WAVs in a single .CamelSounds file, making it easier to move sounds to the mobile version, or another PC.
• Touch control of the remix pad and performance controls
• Easy one touch preset changes
• Polyphonic pitch bend
• Polyphonic aftertouch
• Spend more time getting inspired and less time reaching for your mouse