The Camel Audio CamelPhat 3 Processing Software Plug-In is a multi-effect plug-in that adds color to instruments such as drums, bass, and guitar. It adds punch, warmth, and presence to your sound. The plug-in includes four distinct distortion effects that change your sound from warm and soft to crunchy and fat, a "Magic EQ" setting that enhances low end response, an analog-modeled compressor, an envelope follower, three resonant filters, and two LFOs with inverse sine, square, and triangle shapes.
The software features 300 categorized presets of these effects that you can choose from. All of these effect processes can be deliberately or randomly combined in different ways to change the character of your sound. Additionally, an XY pad with LFO depth and speed targets on the graphical user interface can be used to adjust the most important effect parameters at the same time, allowing you to play the processor like an instrument. This version of the software offers 64-bit support for VST and AU plug-in formats, as well as RTAS for both Mac and Windows.
- Features Bit Crusher, Mech, Tube, and Xcita distortion effects that can be used separately or simultaneously
- Multimode Filter
- Features attack, release, envelope, cutoff, resonance, and mix controls over selectable filters
- BP Filter
- The plug-in includes both low-pass and high-pass filters that can be linked together
- Magic EQ
- Enhances the low end with adjustable amount, tune frequency, and a "phattening" switch for a more aggressive boost
- Adjusts amount and release of a simple analog-modeled compressor
- Includes two assignable LFOs with selectable waveforms and effect modifiers
- Controls amount and rate of a flanger that can be turned off and on
- Master Section
- Features a global volume knob and global mix knob for the device