The 6146.15 Underwater Housing for Canon PowerShot G15 Digital Camera from Ikelite is a waterproof case enabling you to shoot beneath the water's surface with your Canon G15 digital camera. It has a depth rating of 200' (60 m).
The housing provides access to all camera functions, except the Diopter Adjustment control and Flash pop-up button, via mechanical controls. The camera's built-in pop-up flash is usable, but due to the inaccessibility of the button, it cannot be pushed back down while the camera is inside the housing. The case is constructed from durable polycarbonate, which is clear to enable you to monitor the O-ring seal. Housing buoyancy is nearly neutral in freshwater.
You can attach optional 67mm wide-angle and macro lenses to the housing's flat glass lens port. Bayonet lenses are not compatible. To restore colors that get absorbed underwater, you can use optional external color correction filters for blue or green water.
The housing is configured with built-in TTL flash circuitry and features an electrical TTL bulkhead, allowing you to use optional external strobes to improve lighting. These can be triggered via sync cords or as slave units. To soften the light of the flash and thus prevent backscatter and hard shadows, a flash diffuser and flash deflector are included.
The housing comes with a tray with a single handle, mountable via 3/8"-16 bolts with 3" (7.6 cm) spacing.
- Depth Rating
- Safe to use at depths up to 200' (60 m)
- Provides access to all camera functions, except the Diopter Adjustment control and Flash pop-up button, via mechanical controls. You can use the camera's built-in pop-up flash, but because of the inaccessibility of the button, you cannot push it back down
- Crafted from durable polycarbonate and acrylic, which are clear to enable you to monitor the O-ring seal. Housing buoyancy is nearly neutral in freshwater
- Lens Port
- You can attach optional 67mm wide-angle and macro lenses to the housing's flat glass port. The WD-4 Wide Angle Dome keeps images sharp from corner to corner with no vignetting. Macro lenses will enable extreme close-up shots, while wide-angle lenses increase your angle of coverage, allowing you to get close to your subject while fitting more in the frame. Both types of lenses cut down on distortion caused by the water, thus improving image quality. Bayonet lenses are not compatible. You can replace the standard port with the optional shorter wide-angle port with 67mm threads, which permits you to attach the 6430 Ikelite W-30 and other 67mm threaded wide-angle lenses while only slightly restricting the camera's zoom range
- Color Correction Filters
- Replace some of the reds, oranges and more natural tones that would otherwise be lost due to absorption underwater. The following optional filters are available: 6441.46 for blue or 6441.86 for green water. These are intended for use without a strobe
- Strobe Use
- An underwater strobe is able to travel farther and cover more area than the camera's built-in flash. Optional external strobes are usable on this housing and can be triggered via sync cords or as slave units. The housing has built-in TTL flash circuitry and an electrical TTL bulkhead. Trigger an Ikelite DS Substrobe with automatic exposure without firing the camera's built-in flash. There are several advantages to this, including elimination of backscatter, improved exposure accuracy, extension of battery life, and acceleration of recycling time. The DS161 Substrobe, with a 90° angle of coverage, brightness of 500 lumens, and 4800K color temperature, can even double as an LED video light
- Other Lighting Options
- The optional PRO-V8 LED video light provides additional illumination for video recording and focusing. It generates an even 45° beam free of hot spots, with a brightness of 510 lumens and a 4500-5500K color temperature
- Included Lighting Accessories
- The included flash diffuser and flash deflector soften the light of the camera's built-in flash, thus preventing backscatter and hard shadows
- Equipped with 3/8"-16 bolts with 3" (7.6 cm) spacing for the mounting of the included tray with single grip handle. This tray improves comfort and handling and gives you options for attaching arms and lights