The Olympus PT-054 Underwater Housing for STYLUS XZ-2 iHS Digital Camera is a waterproof case enabling you to shoot beneath the water's surface with your STYLUS XZ-2 iHS camera. It has a depth rating of 147.6' (45 m).
The housing provides access to virtually all camera functions via mechanical controls. The camera's built-in flash is usable. The case is constructed from durable polycarbonate, known for its corrosion-resistant properties, and has a multi-coated glass lens port, as well as an anti-reflective ring. The supplied, attached LCD hood helps shield the camera's display against glare, for improved visibility. Buoyancy is positive in freshwater.
You may attach the optional PTWC-01 wide-angle conversion lens or PTMC-01 macro conversion lens to the lens port. Both lenses will help you get closer to your subject, minimizing distortion and thus improving image quality.
You can use optional external strobes to improve lighting via the optical cable insertion slot / adapter. Also supplied is a lens port cap with an attached lanyard to protect the front glass of the port. To soften the light of the camera's built-in flash and thus prevent backscatter and hard shadows, a flash diffuser is included. If you want to block the flash, use the supplied flash window cover.
- Depth Rating
- Safe to use at a maximum depth of 147.6' (45 m)
- The housing provides access to nearly all camera functions via mechanical controls: Zoom lever, Shutter lever, Mode dial, ON/OFF button, Accessory mount, Open/close dial, Lock knob, Lens ring, Control dial, Lever, O-ring, Tripod seat, Play button, Record button, Fn1 button, Exposure / Up arrow button, Flash / Right arrow button, OK button, INFO button, Delete / Down arrow button, MENU button, AF target / Left arrow button. Use the camera's Underwater Wide and Underwater Macro modes for getting closer to your subject, thus cutting down on distortion caused by the water for improved image quality. Macro mode will give you clarity on extreme close-up shots, while Wide will increase your angle of coverage, allowing you to fit more in the frame. The camera also has an Underwater WB mode for setting white balance; choose this mode when capturing underwater video
- Crafted from durable polycarbonate, known for its corrosion-resistant properties. The housing has a palm grip, light shield hood and a removable LCD inner hood that shields the camera's display against glare. The housing has positive freshwater buoyancy
- Lens Port
- Multi-coated glass lens port is built-in. Anti-reflective ring goes on the inside of the port to minimize unwanted reflection. When the camera's Underwater Wide and Underwater Macro modes are unable to provide quite the desired effects, you can attach the optional PTWC-01 wide-angle conversion lens or PTMC-01 macro conversion lens to the port. The included lens port cap fits onto the lens ring to protect the front glass of the port when not in use
- Strobe Use
- The housing has an optical cable insertion slot / adapter for the attachment of optional external underwater strobe / flash units, to improve your lighting and thus, your image quality, by reducing backscatter. The UFL-2 and UFL-1 underwater strobe / flash units can be connected to the housing via the optional PTCB-E02 underwater optical fiber cable. The UFL-2 and UFL-1 are capable of both manual and TTL exposure control. When using them, turn the RC mode of the camera to OFF. When the optical cable insertion slot is not in use, place one of the included slot caps onto it
- Other Optional Accessories
- Short arm PTSA-02 and PTSA-03 are available separately, as are balance weights PWT-1BA and PWT-1AD
- Included Lighting Accessories
- Flash diffuser PTDP-050 softens the light of the camera's built-in flash and thus prevents backscatter and hard shadows. To block the flash, use the supplied flash window cover
- The tripod seat on the housing enables you to mount it onto a tripod for support