The Peavey PV 115D Two-Way 15" Active Speaker is powered with Class-D technology, delivering 400 watts of sound and utilizing Peavey's DDT compression. It features a 15" Pro 15 woofer and an RX14 titanium diaphragm dynamic compression driver mounted on a 60 by 40° coverage horn.
The PV 115D features a Class-D power section that provides up to 800 peak available watts of power for the system, with DDT compression. The balanced input is on a XLR/TRS combo jack, with a volume control and a Contour switch for boosting lows and highs. The PV 115D is capable of generating peak SPL up to 121 dB.
- Peavey DDT Compression and Advanced Electronics
- The amplifier is equipped with DDT compression, providing protection against excessive amplifier clipping and the consequent distortion. A Contour switch provides some bass and treble lift. A Link Out 1/4" jack provides an unpowered pre-level send for linking multiple units together, to be controlled by a single volume.
- Powers an Additional Passive Speaker
- The PV 115D speaker system includes an internal power amp to drive its own speakers, as well as a powered Speaker Out jack to drive a separate passive loudspeaker. It supplies up to 400 watts peak available power to the internal speakers, as well as 400 watts peak available power to an external 8Ω speaker, for a total of 800 watts peak available power.
- Rugged Construction
- The trapezoidal cabinet has steel handles on either side for portability and four rubber feet for floor use. A stand-mount adaptor on the bottom allows for easy elevation on a speaker stand. Black steel corners and a full-length powder-coated perforated steel grille provide protection and a professional appearance. The lightweight yet rugged carpet-covered enclosure is constructed from MDF.