When you want to get your game on, you need to consider a gaming-centric laptop like the Alienware M17xR4 -7995BK 17.3" Gaming Notebook Computer (Black). It has the bells and whistles that gamers look for when buying a gaming laptop.
It starts with the 2.3GHz Intel Core i7-3610QM Dual-Core (which can be overclocked to 3.3 GHz) with a 6MB cache. Add to that 6GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, and you've added some muscle to the engine. Top it off with a 500GB 7200 rpm hard drive, and you have a solid base for a gaming machine.
To show off that power you'll need a kick in the graphics. The Alienware M14x provides a 14" HD widescreen LED-backlit display with a native 1366 x 768 resolution. The graphics card running this display is an AMD Radeon HD 7970M Graphics with 2GB of discrete RAM. Add a pair of integrated speakers running Creative Sound Blaster Recon3Di with THX TruStudio Pro Software and you have a multimedia powerhouse.
You're connected by a wide range of ports and terminals. From USB 3.0 to the VGA, HDMI and Mini DisplayPort, you can watch the visuals on your screen or on a larger monitor or HDTV. You'll also appreciate the 9-in-1 Media Card reader with SD, SDIO, SDXC, SDHC, MS, MS Pro, MMC, MSXC and xD-Picture support. There's also an integrated SuperMulti DVD+-R/RW slot-loading optical drive with dual-layer support, along with a webcam and microphone.
Gaming online won't be a problem. The communication network in this machine includes integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, Wireless-N and Bluetooth connectivity. Even the keyboard features some nice backlight enhancements - the AlienFX illuminated keyboard allows up to 512 billion distinct lighting combinations, and you can personalize the lighting to respond to in-game events. It also includes a multi-touch touchpad with gesture controls.
When it's time to get your game on, make sure you're prepared with a powerful processor, decent graphics card and other amenities that will make your experience a pleasant one.
- The Power to Play
- Amazing graphics bring your games to life. Discrete GDDR5 mobile graphics - the most advanced graphics memory available - and Intel Core processors provide enhanced performance in this laptop.
- Untangle Yourself from Cord Clutter
- Join the online gaming community with built-in high-bandwidth Wireless N connectivity. Bluetooth 4.0 enables you to connect your compatible wireless devices, so you can enjoy wireless freedom, and optional WiMAX 4G enables a fast connection, no hotspot required. (WiMAX connectivity requires a subscription to a WiMAX broadband service. Additional software or hardware may be required at extra cost. Coverage area is limited; check with your service provider for details on availability and network limitations.)
- Get Connected and Game On
- Stay plugged in via a variety of ports, including USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort, HDMI and VGA, or import data from a variety of digital cards, flash drives and memory sticks with a 9-in-1 media card reader. Plus, with the USB 2.0 eSATA combo port featuring Alienware PowerShare, you can charge your connected peripherals, even when the system is powered down.
- Your Game Domain.
Alienware Command Center software features a powerful suite of customization options to make your M14x your own.
The new AlienAdrenaline feature enables Game Mode, which lets you give each of your games a unique profile on your system. Disable unnecessary programs and activate your music player when you launch one game, or bring up key web links when you launch another.
AlienFX System Lighting Technology gives you access to a variety of themes and up to 512 billion distinct lighting combinations, so you can personalize as much as you like. Customize your system with game themes that respond to many in-game events with unique lighting effects to complete your immersion.
AlienFusion power management controls allow you to configure your settings in order to maximize performance and efficiency while managing power usage. Crank up the settings for hardcore gaming and resource-intensive tasks, or scale it back for running everyday programs.
Customize your touchpad's sensitivity to prevent accidental contact, and activate virtual scrolling to enable vertical and horizontal scrolling with just a touch.
- Make an Impression
- The Alienware M17x features tapered edges designed for style as well as comfort. Seamlessly integrated rubberized edges protect the screen when the lid is closed. A touchpad centered to your home keys prevents accidental touch when typing. Rear power cord positioning is enabled via a standalone port.