The Ultimate M1-L With RD16 II Rotator Panoramic Head from Nodal Ninja is a specially designed tripod head with a second-generation RD16 II rotator for producing spherical 180 x 360° panoramic photographs. This precision camera support lets you seamlessly stitch panoramas free of parallax using templates, while simplifying the post-processing workflow that usually comes with stitching images. A movable index ring allows you to rotate the index ring to any predetermined position quickly and easily. There's also a blue marker ring which can be rotated to mark points on the lower rotator. The upper rotator has 7.5° positive stops. This system supports lenses up to a 200mm focal length attached to any DSLR, or most medium format cameras. It provides solid support for cameras and lenses up to 22 lb.
Precision CNC-machined T6061 aluminum alloy parts and lubricated bearings provide precision, smooth rotation and click stops, as well as decreased wear over time. The RD16 II has 16 selectable increments of rotation, and you can also mount your camera in either horizontal or vertical orientation.
Combining anodized aluminum parts with a lubricated inner ball bearing design, the RD16 II also provides the very precise, fluid rotation required of professional photographers. You can change click stops on-the-fly, which is ideal in time-sensitive situations, such as shooting high resolution multi-image mosaics, or shooting the same scene at different focal lengths.
- For 360 x 180° Spherical & HDR Panoramas
- With precisely machined components, laser engraved markings and lubricated bearings you can capture full spherical panoramas both quickly and accurately
- 62mm Diameter/Nadir Footprint
- Its 62mm diameter provides sufficient precision and stability while keeping the nadir footprint small
- Max Weight Supported: 22 lb
- This system supports more than 22 lb (10 kg) of combined weight between the mounted camera and attached lens - a camera mount plate is not included
- Movable Index Ring & Rotating Blue Marker Ring
- Easily rotate the index ring to any predetermined position for quick adjustments, and the blue marker ring can be rotated to mark points on the lower rotator
- 16x Selectable Detent Intervals
This advanced rotator has 16 different degree stop increments, which corresponds to a 3.75-120° range of detent intervals.
3.75 (96 stops)
5 (72 stops)
6 (60 stops)
7.5 (48 stops)
10 (36 stops)
12 (30 stops)
15 (24 stops)
18 (20 stops)
20 (18 stops)
24 (15 stops)
30 (12 stops)
36 (10 stops)
45 (8 stops)
60 (6 stops)
90 (4 stops)
120 (3 stops)
- Change Detent Interval in Seconds
- As quickly as you can pull one of the two plungers out of a detent interval, you can change the number of stops and degrees at which your rotator will stop
- Laser Engraved Indexing Marks
- High precision lasers were used to engrave the indexing marks on this rotator, every 2.5°