The DiskStation DX513 5-Bay Expansion Unit from Synology delivers an effortless solution for volume expansion and data backup for selected Synology DiskStation models. It seamlessly scales up the storage capacity of your DiskStation by adding 5 hard drives on the fly when connected directly to an expansion cable.
- Volume Expansion & Backup
- The DiskStation DX513 provides you an easy way to immediately scale capacity by adding 5 hard drives on your Synology DiskStation when you are running out of hard drive capacity. You can expand the RAID volume on your Synology DiskStation directly without having to reformat the existing hard drives and ensure that your DiskStation continues its service during the capacity expansion. It can also be used as a dedicated local backup solution for your Synology DiskStation. When created as a separate volume, it provides a great backup solution to the local hard disks in case of system failure
- Reliable Plug-and-Use Design
- You can connect it to your Synology DiskStation using an expansion cable with custom-designed connectors on both ends, ensuring a reliable connection and maximum throughput. The 3.0 Gb/s connection speed allows the hard drives connected in it to operate as the internal ones of Synology DiskStation
- Green & Easy to Manage
- Its deep sleep mode can be manually configured to take effect automatically when the system has been inactive for a period of time. This not only saves energy but also extends the lifespan of the hard disk. Furthermore, the DiskStation DX513 can automatically power on/off when paired with selected DiskStation models, so the system runs intelligently and efficiently without your intervention
- It supports Synology DiskStation DS710+, DS712+, DS1010+, DS1511+, DS1512+ and DS1812+