The RX1213sas 12-Bay Expansion Unit from Synology delivers an effortless storage capacity expansion solution for Synology RackStation RS10613xs+ by adding 12 drives on-the-fly while it is directly connected. It features a reliable plug-n-use design for a seamless storage space upgrade. In addition, its redundant data paths and power supplies ensure continual service uptime.The RX1213sas Expansion Unit accepts SATA, SAS or solid state drives for flexible capacity and balanced performance. It is managed by the Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM).
- Storage Capacity Expansion
- When the storage capacity of the RackStation RS10613xs+ reaches its limit, the RX1213sas Expansion Unit provides an easy way to scale up the capacity by adding 12 SATA, SAS or SSD drives for flexibility and balanced performance. Volume on the RackStation RS10613xs+ can be expanded directly without having to reformat existing drives, ensuring that service on the RS10613xs+ continues during capacity expansion. Created as an independent volume, the RX1213sas Expansion Unit provides an easy means of backing up RackStation RS10613xs+.
- Reliable Plug-n-Use Design
- The RackStation RS10613xs+ securely connects to the RX1213sas Expansion Unit through dual SAS cables to ensure maximum throughput and connection redundancy. Drives in the connected RX1213sas Expansion Unit can operate as internal drives to RS10613xs+, with no data retrieval lag. Redundant power supplies also ensure continual service uptime.
- Easy to Manage
- The RX1213sas Expansion Unit is managed by the Synology DiskStation Manager. No additional software installation is required.