The RocketU 1144B USB 3.0 PCI-E Host Controller from HighPoint Technologies supports USB 3.0 enhanced 5Gb/s data transfer speed per port for a total bandwidth of 20Gb/s. This PCI-E 2.0 x4 compatible host controller supports up to four external USB devices and remains backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 devices. With Hot-Swap and Hot-Plug capabilities you can swap out USB devices without shutting down your system.
- Dedicated 5Gb/s Per-Port
- RocketU HBA's (host bus adapters) deliver true 5Gb/s per-port performance, and can support a variety of USB drives. Enhanced USB 3.0 performance with dedicated 5Gb/s per-port transfer rates add up to a total bandwidth of 20Gb/s.
- Enhanced Performance for External USB Drives
- Rocket U HBA's support all generations of USB hard drives, SSD's and Enclosures. Dedicated 5Gb/s ports provide the throughput needed to support any type of drive, from today's fastest 6Gb/s SSD's to external RAID enclosures. RocketU HBA's will automatically recognize any external USB hard disk or SSD's that are pre-configured or already contain user data, and are fully compatible with USB 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0 hard drives, SSD's, RAID enclosures and docking bays.
- Upgrade Your PC to USB 3.0
- Add true SuperSpeed USB 3.0 storage to any PCI-E compatible PC. RocketU HBA's support USB drives of any generation, and can be easily installed into any free PCI-Express Gen 2.0/Gen 1.0 x4, x8, or x16 slot. Driver support is readily available for all major Microsoft operating systems including 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows 7, 2008 and Vista. xHCI compliant RocketU HBA's are natively supported by current Linux distributions.