The 3 Legged Thing X2.1 Eddie Evolution 2 CF Tripod System w/AirHed 2 Ball Head (Black) is a stylish and extremely compact travel tripod system, the smallest in 3LT's 29mm Pro range of tripods. With the ball head attached to the tripod, the system extends from a minimum height of 4.72" to a maximum height of 64.56". Folded down to 15.74", the X2.1 Eddie is a versatile professional camera support system that fits in most airline carry-on bags.
The X2.1 Eddie's legs are composed of 3LT's Stealth carbon fiber for superbly lightweight strength – the tripod system weighs just 2.87 lb and supports up to 26.45 lb, to accommodate any DSLR with most lenses.
One of the tripod legs unscrews to become a monopod. The center column is both removable and reversible to accommodate shooting from the lowest of low angles. Leg angles can be set at three different positions; at their widest and with the column removed, the AirHed 2's camera plate sits only 4.7" from the ground.
The AirHed 2 is a sturdy magnesium alloy ball head that features separate control knobs for pan lock, tilt lock, and Arca-style clamping of the included quick-release plate. There's also a tension control built into the tilt-lock knob.
- 8-core Stealth Carbon Fiber legs, and 10-core Columns for smoother operation, plus more lateral and torsional strength.
- Re-engineered leg mechanisms, for greater stability, as well as smoother and easier use.
- Bronze anodizing and triple machined magnesium alloy parts for a smoother finish.
- Redesigned AirHed with ultra smooth panning, enlarged locking knob for greater grip and new triple bubble system, lighter and smaller casing and now with 35kg load capacity.
- Includes hook for hanging a counterweight (not included) from the center column, for extra stability in windy conditions