The 3 Legged Thing X5a Tony Evolution Aluminum Alloy Tripod w/AirHed 2 Ball Head (Black) is a stylish and compact travel tripod system that features a removable, reversible center column. With the ball head attached to the tripod, this column helps the system extend to a maximum height of 70" and retract to a very small 25.6" folded length. Fitting in most airline carry-on bags, the X5a Tony system is the most stable tripod in the entire 29mm Ultra Pro Alloy Range.
The X5a Tony's legs are composed of aircraft-grade T6061 aluminum alloy for a supreme balance of light weight, sturdiness, and durability – the tripod system weighs just 3.67 lb and supports up to 26.45 lb, to accommodate any DSLR with most lenses.
One of the tripod legs unscrews to become a monopod. The center column is both removable and reversible to accommodate shooting from the lowest of low angles.
Leg angles can be set at three different positions; at their widest and with the column removed, the AirHed 2's camera plate sits only 5.9" from the ground. The X5a Tony's leg angles can be set independently to support stable shooting on uneven surfaces.
The AirHed 2 is a sturdy alloy ball head that features a triple bubble system, separate control knobs for pan lock, tilt lock, and Arca-style clamping of the included quick-release plate. There's also a tension control built into the tilt-lock knob.
- Stealth Alloy legs, and columns for smoother operation, and more lateral and torsional strength.
- Re-engineered leg mechanisms, for greater stability, smoother and easier use.
- New Evo 2 Friction Locks with safety double break-point.
- Matte black anodizing and triple machined alloy parts for better durability and smoother finish.
- One leg transforms to a monopod.
- Includes hook for hanging a counterweight from the center column, for extra stability in windy conditions