The 3 Legged Thing X5a Tony Evolution 2 Aluminum Alloy Tripod is a stylish and compact travel tripod system, the most stable in 3LT's 29mm Ultra Pro range of aluminum alloy tripods. The system extends from a minimum height of 5.9" to a maximum height of 66.33". Folded down to 22", the X5a Tony is a versatile professional camera support system that fits in most airline carry-on bags.
The X5a Tony's legs are composed of 3LT's Stealth Alloy for superb strength – the tripod system weighs just 3.67 lb and supports up to 26.45 lb, to accommodate any DSLR with most lenses.
One of the tripod legs unscrews to become a monopod. The center column is both removable and reversible to accommodate shooting from the lowest of low angles. Leg angles can be set at three different positions; at their widest and with the column removed, the camera plate sits only 5.9" from the ground.
- Stealth Alloy legs and columns for smoother operation, and more lateral and torsional strength.
- Re-engineered leg mechanisms, for greater stability, as well as smoother and easier use.
- Evo 2 Friction Locks with safety double break-point.
- Bronze anodizing and triple machined aluminum alloy parts for a smoother finish.
- One leg transforms into a monopod.
- Includes hook for hanging a counterweight (not included) from the center column, for extra stability in windy conditions