The Bosch DVR-670-16A201 16-Channel DVR with DVD Writer features H.264 video compression technology to dramatically reduce the amount of storage and bandwidth needed while still producing a better image quality. The DVR records multiple video and audio signals while simultaneously providing live multi-screen viewing and playback. Comprehensive search and playback functions provide quick recall and viewing of recorded video.
- Simply connect the cameras and apply power, and the unit begins recording automatically. All recording takes place in the background with no operator intervention required. The use of H.264 compression reduces the file size of recordings by as much as 30% compared to standard MPEG-4 without sacrificing image quality. The DVR can record at up to 25 (PAL) / 30 (NTSC) images per second, per channel at 4CIF resolution. If required, alarm recordings (input and motion) and continuous recordings can be split over 2 partitions. An overwrite mode can then be selected separately for each partition.
- Dome Control
- Can control pan / tilt / zoom (PTZ) equipment via RS 485/232 serial communications. PTZ devices including Bosch Auto Dome and a number of third-party domes are supported.
- Extensive alarm handling functions and telemetry control. Alarm functions include local inputs and relay outputs as well as motion detection in user-defined areas. In addition, the DVR can send email notifications with a short video clip-on alarm.
- Local control and operation
- The unit can be easily operated and programmed via the on-screen display menu system using the front panel control keys, the mouse, an IntuiKey Series keyboard, or the supplied remote control. Two monitor outputs provide full-screen, quad, multi-screen, and sequenced viewing. Looping auto-terminating video inputs and outputs, audio inputs and output, and alarm inputs and outputs are located on the rear panel. Two video connectors provide an output for monitor A (main monitor default set to VGA) and monitor B (spot monitor default set to HDMI). Monitor A displays live and playback in full-, quad-, or multi-screen pictures that can be frozen and zoomed. Monitor B displays live full-, quad-, or multi-screen pictures.
- Remote control and operation
- Use the PC software or built-in web application via a network for live viewing, playback, and configuration. The PC application software can also be used with other Bosch products including the 400 and 700 Series cameras. Four users can control the DVR simultaneously. The DVR includes an authenticity check for both local and remote playback, ensuring recording integrity. The 670 Series Archive Player is provided for playback of secure video files.
- Mobile Devices
- A Bosch DVR viewer App for Apple iOS devices is available for live viewing and PTZ control. This App lets you watch live video from cameras connected to the DVR from anywhere in the world. If a PTZ camera is connected, you can control focus, pan, tilt, and zoom. Additionally, RTSP (Real-Time Streaming Protocol) is supported by this DVR. This means that live video streamed from the unit over the internet can be displayed by suitably configured mobile devices.
16 looped-through, auto-terminating camera inputs
4 audio inputs and 2 audio outputs
Simultaneous live viewing, recording, playback, and remote streaming
10/100Base-T Ethernet port for local or wide area network connection
RS 485/232 serial port for serial communication to control movable cameras
IntuiKey Series keyboard support for Bosch dome control including loop-through to a maximum of 16 other 600 Series or 700 Series recorders
VGA monitor outputs for main and spot monitors
6:9, 16:10, and 4:3 aspect ratio displays for main and spot monitor
Full-, quad-, and multi-screen display capabilities in live and playback modes for main monitor
Spot monitor output with sequencing and full-, quad-, and multi-screen views
Alarm picture pop-up on full-screen or sequence by multiple alarms simultaneously
Email notification with 10-second video clip on alarm
Playback one or more channels while showing live pictures of the other channels
Multiple search modes including smart search (search for motion within recorded images)
16 switching (alarm) inputs and 4 alarm outputs
Video loss detection
Bosch DVR viewer App for live and PTZ control on iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch devices
Live display support on mobile devices via RTSP
Pan / tilt / zoom camera control via RS 485
Supports Bosch and Pelco protocols
Local archiving via USB
Local archiving via built-in DVD burner (specific models)