The Cokin 62mm PURE Harmonie Variable Density Neutral Gray Filter is a solid variable neutral density filter providing a reduction of about 1 to 8 stops. The 0.3 to 2.4+ (ND2-ND300) density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. The degree of density is easily controlled by rotating the front filter ring, allowing you to previsualize the additional exposure length required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. For easier, repeatable control over density settings, the front ring is also visually demarcated with dots that each represent one stop of neutral density.
The EVERCLEAR 5 Coating Technology is a multi-layered coating applied to the filter substrate in order to provide protection against five distinct elements: water, oil, dust, soil, and scratches. In addition to the multi-layer coating, this filter also features a thin design, measuring just 9.5mm thick. This slender profile is ideally suited for use with wide angle lenses in order to prevent vignetting.
- Variable neutral density filter allows you to dial in differing amounts of density scene to scene.
- 0.3 to 2.4+ ND filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a reduction of 1 to about 8 stops, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Filter does not affect coloration of the image.
- EVERCLEAR 5 multi-layered coating helps to protect the filter from water, oil, dust, soil, and scratches.
- Thin design measures 9.5mm-thick, making it ideal for use with wide angle lenses in order to prevent vignetting.