The Muse Research RECEPTOR VIP Plug-In Player with 256GB SSD Drive provides a completely new user interface, coupled with breakthrough features that let you make use of all the power and expressivity possible with software instruments and effects without the hassles of a computer.
It is a hybrid music instrument that serves as a stand-alone solution for running virtual instruments and effects software. With the Receptor VIP, you don't have to buy a bunch of interfaces and install a bunch of drivers to start making music, since it is a complete, rack-mount musical instrument and effects processor that works right out of the box.
The Receptor VIP provides a custom front panel hardware user interface that lets you harness all the power and versatility of virtual instruments and effects with minimal hassles - no computer monitor required - making the Receptor VIP something that all musicians can use.
The Receptor VIP is software-powered, but it employs a custom, purpose-built operating system and host application for running your software to let you make music without the worry or hassle of system conflicts, long boot and load times, slow disc messages, system hiccups, viruses, and the other stability problems that plague computers. It is designed for superior playability, so your favorite virtual instruments and effects feel better than before.
- 2 channels line level balanced inputs or 2 channel mic / instrument inputs
- 2 channels line level unbalanced outputs
- Passive mix mode for connecting external CD or MP3 player, drum machine, etc
- Front panel headphone output
- Full size MIDI input
- 4 USB ports
- VGA video output for viewing / editing software interface of plug-ins
- Phantom power
- Dedicated mic / instrument input volume control and 3 segment LED meters
- Ethernet port