The DGS-1100-05 EasySmart 5-Port Gigabit Switch from D-Link comes complete with 5 10/100/1000 Gigabit speed Ethernet ports perfect for transferring large amounts of data. With IEEE 802.3 compliance you can rest assured you are receiving reliable stable data connections. The Auto MDI/MDIX functionality detects if your connection requires a crossover, and automatically chooses the MDI or MDIX configuration to properly match the other end of the link.
The 10Gbps switching capacity and 7.44 Mpps data transfer rates allow you to not only transfer large files but stream data throughout the network with little to no interruption. With integrated status LED indicators reflecting the Power (Per Device) and Link/Activity/Speed (Per Port) you can see the status of each of your connections. This particular switch contains a MTBF (mean time between failures) of 532,838 hours making this not only an efficient but reliable switch.
- Surveillance VLAN and Bandwidth Control
- The DGS-1100-05 supports Surveillance VLAN, which suits a variety of purposes including surveillance. Surveillance VLAN is a technology that consolidates data and surveillance video transmission through a DGS-1100-05 switch, thus sparing businesses the expense of dedicated hardware and facilities. Surveillance VLAN also ensures the quality of real-time video for monitoring and control without compromising the transmission of conventional network data. In addition, with Bandwidth Control, network administrators can reserve bandwidth for important functions that require more bandwidth or high priority.
- D-Link Green/Power Saving Performance
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet, these switches consume less energy by cutting down on power consumption when the traffic volume is low. By deploying EEE devices such as the DGS-1100-05, users can cut operating costs and even cut down on necessary cooling equipment. The DGS-1100-05 also features D-Link Green Technology that helps in automatically saving energy. The switches automatically detect the length of the connected cables and can adjust power usage for shorter cable connections of up to 20 meters. In addition, the switches monitor link status of every port and drastically reduce power consumption when a port is without a link.
- Easy Troubleshooting/Security
- Network maintenance features include Loopback Detection and Cable Diagnostics. Loopback Detection is used to detect loops created by a specific port and automatically shuts down the affected port. Cable Diagnostics is designed for network administrators to quickly examine the quality of the copper cables and also determine the type of cable error. In addition, Static MAC can disable Auto Learning on selected ports and can set static MAC addresses for designated ports, helping administrators limit network access to authorized devices only.
- Easy to deploy
- The DGS-1100-05 EasySmart Switch supports an intuitive Smart Console utility and a web-based management interface that enables administrators to remotely control their network down to the port level. The Smart Console allows customers to discover multiple D-Link Smart and EasySmart Switches within the same L2 network segment. With this utility, users do not need to change the IP address of their PC, and makes initial setup of the Smart Switches quick and easy. Switches within the same L2 network segment that are connected to the user's PC are displayed on-screen for instant access. This allows for extensive switch configuration and basic setup of discovered devices, including password changes and firmware upgrades.