IK Multimedia's Miroslav Philharmonik is a powerful, integrated Orchestral Workstation incorporating the legendary Miroslav Vitous Symphonic Orchestra and Choir Sample collections into a dedicated plug-in instrument specifically tailored for classical sounds and arrangements. For the first time, this famous and historical symphonic collection is available as a virtual instrument plug-in for a fraction of its original price.
Beautifully recorded at the Dvorak Symphony Hall in Prague by Miroslav Vitous with the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra, these sounds have a texture, warmth, and beauty that is unrivalled in the sample world. Now you can have them at your fingertips and on call any time of the day or night.
Miroslav Vitous Symphonic Orchestra and Choir Samples are some of the most playable and inspiring sounds ever produced for symphonic arrangements and composition. They've marked the aural atmosphere of hundreds of movies and productions and have become the tool of choice for many award winning composers.
For incredible acoustic realism, the string, brass and woodwind sections were captured in the proper acoustic orchestral positions in Dvorak Symphony Hall in Prague. There's no need for placement simulation with panning, just call up the elements of the orchestra and they naturally "fit" together and sound like a symphony. These sounds have a texture, warmth, and beauty that is unique in the sample world.
The Miroslav Philharmonik's plug-in is based on an enhanced version of the SampleTank workstation architecture which has been modified specifically for Orchestral composition, offering 16 multitimbral and full control over the tempo and pitch of the sounds. Each of the 16 multitimbral parts can be loaded by selecting from the more than 4,200 orchestral instrument sounds included. All of the instruments can be easily found in neatly organized folders within the browser window, and a convenient search function allows you to input your own keywords into the sound database to help you quickly and easily start composing.
What makes the Miroslav Philharmonik collection amazing is the sound - over 7 GB of sounds, ranging every category of orchestral instruments - from ensembles to solo instruments, strings, woodwinds, and brass, as well as percussion, piano, organ, harpsichord, classical guitar, harp and classical choir. Plus, Miroslav Philharmonik now includes some incredible previously unreleased sounds.
Miroslav Philharmonik gives you immediate control over 16 layerable parts, avoiding annoying switching back and forth within the sequencer and offering instant mixing control on every instrument. All essential mixing parameters, like SOLO, MUTE, VOLUME, PAN, and OUTPUT (8 stereo) selections are available with one click. A new LEVEL display provides all the mix levels at a glance.
Miroslav Philharmonik features the power of the SampleTank sound engine. Multisampled instruments with the new and improved STRETCH engine deliver amazing realism and expression. Your performances come to life with true glide, bending, staccato and vibrato with an incredibly rich, vibrant, and natural quality.
Realtime editing features have been expanded including syncable LFOs, MIDI control, transposition, and zone pan control, to name just a few. Miroslav Philharmonik allows full and easy access to more than 80 sound engine parameters. All of these packed into a musician-friendly interface with everything you need right at your fingertips.
In addition Miroslav Philharmonik has 16 stereo outputs. So, when creating a complex combination of instruments, each individual part can be routed to its own output, increasing the flexibility in mixing.
Miroslav Philharmonik has 20 high quality DSP effects built into the module. With 4 effects per instrument part plus 4 send effects, dialing in the perfect timbre of an instrument has never been easier. All your orchestral sounds can use, for example, the same reverb and you don't have to tie up precious CPU power to run the same effect on 16 different parts. The "master" effects can be chosen from the 20 built-in effects, making this is an exclusive Miroslav Philharmonik feature.
Miroslav Philharmonik includes a new reverb specifically tailored for orchestral sounds. It is based on the ClassiK Studio Reverb plug-in and provides a simple interface and large lush sound. CSReverb is a single Preset Reverb, and only "Time" is adjustable as a Reverb parameter.
Miroslav Philharmonik allows individual sound user presets to be saved as additional patches. A "preset" sound is an individual sound with a different application of effects. It uses the sample content of its "parent" sound and the custom settings of any Miroslav Philharmonik controls (also called "child" preset). Preset sounds can be easily exchanged among users sharing the same "parent" sounds since in effect it's simply an adjustment of the effects applied to the parent sound.
Miroslav Philharmonik also allows an entire 16-part module setting to be saved for quick loading of entire instruments set as a "Combi" sound. Let's say you create an awesome sound that consists of nylon string guitars, a string quartet and a woodwind section. Module Save lets you save this "combination" or "Combi" for fast, easy recall. And the file format is platform-independent so a complete Miroslav Philharmonik session can be exchanged among different sequencers and different platforms in a snap, making it ideal for today's professional production workflow.
Miroslav Philharmonik offers a smart, convenient Back-up function. With just one click this feature saves all the instruments/sounds you've used in your session into a folder for quick recall. This means you can open-up old projects with zero hassle and focus your energy creating music.
Miroslav Philharmonik provides full MIDI integration for complete MIDI control of your sound. Every control of Miroslav Philharmonik can be easily associated with a MIDI CTL for live performances and recording. Every parameter can be automated on the fly for amazing sonic control and performance flexibility.
- An impressive string section including 11 and 23 violins (one of the largest violin ensembles available on the sample market), 9 basses, 10 cellos, 4 violas plus solo bass, cello, violin, viola with many performance variations including vibrato, pizzicato, staccato, marcato, espressivo, muted, tremolo, detaché, sul ponte and more.
- 4 French horns, 3 trumpets, 3 trombones, tuba, flugelhorn and solo brass with mute, portamento, staccato, legato, crescendo, fortissimo and more performances.
- 3 oboes, 3 flutes, 3 English horns, solo oboe, flute, alto flute, clarinet, bassoon, bass clarinet, contrabasson and piccolo.
- Classical Percussion
- A full assortment of Classical percussion is included such as chimes, tubular bells, plate bells, bell tree, vibraphone, marimba, bass drums, snare, cymbals, gongs, shakers, crotales, castanets, agogos, bongos, timpani, tambourine, woodblocks and more. With signature instruments like snare and timpani offering rolls, glides, hits and other performance variations.
- Other Classical Sounds
- Concert piano, harp, harpsichord and cathedral organ are also included for a truly complete orchestral set.
- Male and female classic choirs with separate notes, ahs, ohs, uhs, mms, in staccato, glissando, portamento and more.
- Synth Engines
Newly enhanced STRETCH
CSReverb, reverb, reverb delay, ambience, delay
Chorus, multi chorus, phaser, flanger
AM modulation, FM modulation
Auto Pan, tremolo
Lo-Fi, distortion, phonograph
Parametric EQ, channel strip, compressor, limiter
- Miroslav Philharmonik Sounds
Sample based sounds (parent): 1,362
Preset sounds (child): 2,719
Combi sounds (combi): 166
Total sounds: 4,247
Total size: 7.18 GB
- Performance Modes
- Works as a standalone application, as well as a plug-in
- Supported plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, and AU
- Fully compatible with Mac OS X (Universal Binary), and Windows (XP / Vista)
- 256 notes polyphony
- 16 part multitimbral
- 16 individual stereo outputs
- Mix view and full mix parameters control
- 20 DSP-based multi-effects (see Effects List)
- Range Control allows for creating complex splits and layers
- Total sound editing with full access to 50 Synth-Sampler engine controls
- Instrument browsing
- BPM syncable LFOs
- Portamento Time control
- Zone feature for single sample accurate editing
- Part Volume / Pan controls
- Expanded easy to use full MIDI control
- Part and Combi preset save features
- Convenient back-up function
- Search function