The IK Multimedia CSR Classik Studio Reverb is a suite of 4 high-end studio-quality reverbs. It offers over 100 adjustable parameters per unit, allowing for ultimate tweaking and perfecting of your sound in a convenient low-CPU-usage plug-in format.
CSR’s 4 reverb modules can be used in the T-RackS CS processing chain. They can also be run as single plug-ins in VST, RTAS, and Audio Unit’s compatible hosts that support 64-bit operation.
CSR offers a reverb solution for virtually any computer-based musician. VST, RTAS, and Audio Units formats are included for Mac and PC, allowing the CSR to work as a plug-in with popular virtual studio environments such as Cubase, Logic, Pro Tools, Digital Performer, Sonar, Ableton Live, and more (all sold separately). Individual CSR modules can also be opened from within the T-RackS plug-in shell, which allows for complex effect chaining.
The Models: Classik Studio Reverb is a collection of four separate reverb plug-ins, Plate, Room, Hall, and Inverse.
The Plate module in CSR is sonically accurate. Room reverb is often used to create the ambience of a small-to-medium-sized room, when you want to add the illusion of recording with room ambience. Close-miked instruments are often lacking in room sound. Adding a little bit of room reverb can make the instrument sit better in the mix and give the illusion that the sound came from a nice-sounding room, even if it was recorded in a small boxy closet. Hall reverb is a simulation of a large acoustic hall.
Inverse or Reverse reverb applies an envelope (with slow attack and fast decay) to the early reflections. The main parameter that affects the sound of this reverb is time. Time can be adjusted for the buildup and cutoff of the early reflections. This affects the sound as if it was being reversed in the reverberation, but in actuality it is simply an envelope effect. Reverse reverb is often used on drums and percussion. It’s also useful with vocals or any sound that needs an unnatural but interesting ambience. Try combining it with another reverb effect to create a complex moving ambience around the sound.
- Plate, Hall, Room, & Inverse
- CSR Classik Studio Reverb offers a suite of 4 high-quality reverb plug-ins, Plate, Hall, Room and Inverse. All have been modeled to accurately reproduce the signature sound of high-quality outboard reverb units. With myriad options and parameters to choose from, Classik Studio Reverb is a comprehensive package that you can adapt to any mix situation with ease.
- Dual Mode Operation with 100 Adjustable Parameters per Unit
- CSR operates within 2 modes: Easy and Advanced. The Easy mode provides access to basic reverb controls like mix, decay time and level, diffusion, buildup, slope, etc., depending upon which of the 4 units is being used. Advanced Mode delves more deeply into the fine-tuning and response of the unit. Plus, there's a handy Macro feature that allows you to deeply assign controls to 1 of 4 macro sliders for simultaneous adjustment of multiple parameters. It means you have control over how your reverb responds.
- Split Personality
- CSR makes applying the suitable reverb easy. Each module has 2 modes: Easy and Advanced. And each mode is intuitive with the critical parameters and controls laid out for an immediate sound. Plus, all knobs and macro controls can be automated through your host's sequencer, allowing you to break with tradition and create all kinds of creative reverb effects.
- Easy Mode puts the most commonly used controls on the front panel of the plug-in, making CSR a quick and easy solution. You shape the sound using only 6 parameters: Mix, Diffusion, Reverb Time, Low Frequency Gain, High Frequency Cutoff, and High Frequency Dampening; giving you full control over the main character of the reverb.
- Go Deep
- If you need more control than is available in Easy Mode, CSR provides Advanced Mode. Here you will find an array of highly developed modeling and shaping controls - over 100 parameters per unit to be precise. All parameters, the Modulation Matrix, and Macro Controls, can be adjusted and changed to create the reverb effect that you need, tailored to a fine detail. The Modulation Matrix is an 8 x 8 structure; meaning that 8 modulation sources can manipulate 8 destinations. For example, to apply an envelope to your reverb time, you can fine-tune the tail for a specific reverb sound. Or, use an LFO to modulate the reverb image, creating movement in the acoustic space.
- Macros: A New Level of Texture and Innovative Programming Potential
- Macro controls can be created allowing complex sweeping changes in Classik Studio Reverb's effects, changing virtual environments at your command. You can associate up to 8 different CSR controls to a simple Macro slider, therefore making morphing between different reverb settings easy. In both Easy and Advanced Modes, it is always simple to find that desired sound. A convenient A / B comparison allows you to quickly apply modifications and compare between two reverb settings in a snap.
- The Green Reverb
- The CSR saves CPU energy. CSR not only puts less demand on your processor, it's much more flexible than an impulse-based plug-in. Now you have the ability to manipulate and shape reverbs from a number of angles, giving you a high-end performance.
- Each module functions as a separate plug-in
- DSP-based reverb algorithms
- Highly customizable 8 x 8 Modulation Matrix per unit
- 4 assignable Macros per unit
- Full automation through host application
- Supports 64-bit operation
- Can be opened as plug-in in a host application or from within the T-RackS shell