The Series 9 NP900X4D-A05US 15" Ultrabook Computer from Samsung features an ultraportable design that weighs just 3.48 pounds. The Samsung Series 9 Ultrabook measures just 0.58" thin while closed, giving it a slim profile and making it easy to pack into a bag.
The HD+ widescreen 15" display features 400 nits of SuperBright Plus technology, which is twice as bright as a standard notebook computer display. The LED lamps are also more energy efficient than their CCFL counterparts. The screen features a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1600 x 900 native resolution, supported by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. The display has a matte finish, which reduces glare in brightly lit environments.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.7GHz Intel Core i5-3317U processor. It also has 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 128GB solid state drive, a 3-in-1 digital media card reader, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in 4-watt stereo speakers with SoundAlive Sound technology.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- This Samsung computer houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3317U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.7GHz. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 15" Widescreen LED-Backlit Display
- The 15" widescreen display includes LED backlight technology that helps ensure a bright display with lower power consumption for improved battery life. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1600 x 900 native resolution provided by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000
- SuperBright Plus Technology
- The display of this Samsung Series 9 Ultrabook is capable of achieving a brightness of 400 nits, which is about twice the brightness of a traditional notebook display. The screen can also reproduce up to 16 million colors for vibrant color. The display's high brightness and matte finish allow this Samsung Series 9 Ultrabook to be used in brightly lit environments that produce glare, such as outdoors in sunlight
- Full Connectivity
- For Internet access, you have a choice of using the built-in 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 jack or go wireless with 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi. You can use Bluetooth 4.0 to wirelessly connect to all your peripherals, such as a wireless mouse or keyboard. The HDMI port allows you to output video to an HDTV
- USB 3.0
- This Samsung notebook features USB 3.0, which has a high speed data transfer rate of 5Gbps. That's 10 times faster than the USB 2.0 standard. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so you can still use your USB 2.0-compliant devices
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it