The Senal CS-88 DSLR-Video Shotgun Microphone is designed for recording live audio directly to your DSLR camera. The CS-88's back electret condenser capsule, wide frequency response, flexible gain control, and shotgun design make it ideal for recording dialog and interviews both outdoors and indoors from a variety of distances. With its cardioid polar pattern, the CS-88 is optimized to focus on the subject while rejecting off-axis sound, making it great for ENG, film, broadcast and more.
The CS-88 attaches to your camera's shoe mount or to a boom pole and plugs into the camera's audio input jack to deliver natural, professional-quality sound. It's integrated shock mount isolates the microphone from vibrations caused by your camera or boom pole to minimize handling noise, thereby improving your recordings. On the side of the microphone, you'll find a three-level gain switch that provides a +10 dB boost, 0 dB unity gain, or -10 dB pad to prevent distortion from audio overload. Furthermore, the mic features a switchable high-pass filter at 60 Hz to roll off unwanted low-frequency noise and rumble.
The CS-88 runs on a single AA battery and its power indicator LED glows green when the mic's on/off switch is turned on. For convenience, the indicator LED glows red when it's time to change the battery. The mic comes with a foam windscreen that helps reduce wind noise and a drawstring carry pouch for safe storage and transport.
- Professional-quality sound recording for DSLR or camcorder
- Back electret condenser shotgun microphone with cardioid polar pattern optimized to focus on the subject in front of the camera and reject off-axis sound
- Compact, lightweight design
- Integrated shock mount isolates the microphone from vibrations caused by your camera or boom pole
- The three-level gain switch provides a +10 dB boost, 0 dB unity gain, or -10 dB pad
- On/off switch and power LED indicator that glows green when the CS-88 turns on and red when it's time to change the battery
- Metal shoe-mount mounting adapter with a 1/4"-20 threaded socket lets you mount the CS-88 on a camera or boom pole
- 3.5mm audio connection plugs into your DSLR's audio input jack to record live audio directly into your camera
- Includes foam windscreen that helps reduce noise caused by wind or drafts from air conditioners
- Includes drawstring carry pouch for safe storage and transport