The 16TB 4Big Quadra USB 3.0 RAID Hard Drive from LaCie is a hard drive solution designed with the professional in mind. This 16TB drive offers a variety of connectivity options including one USB 3.0 port and two FireWire 800 ports. The USB 3.0 connectivity option provides data transfer rates of up to 5Gb/s while the FireWire 800 port transfers data at speeds up to 800Mb/s. These versatile connection options make it easy to integrate this hard drive into a current desktop or server configuration. The four included hard drives are hot-swappable making it easy to swap out drives without shutting down your system.
This 4big Quadra Drive comes equipped with the ability to operate in a variety of RAID configurations. RAID, or redundant array of independent disks, is a storage technology that combines multiple disk drive components into a logical unit. The included RAID configurations are RAID 0, RAID 5, RAID 5+Spare, RAID 3, RAID 3+Spare, Concatenation, and RAID 10. Each of these configurations makes it possible to configure the drives by dividing and replicating the data among multiple physical drives giving you the ability to achieve a variety of goals such as drive availability, performance, and capacity.
- Enhanced Speed Through USB 3.0
- With USB 3.0 connectivity, the LaCie 4big Quadra delivers optimized performance for PCs and late-model Macs. Its four 7200RPM professional hard disks configured in RAID 0 provide up to 245MB/s. The hardware RAID controller ensures sustained performance and prevents dropped frames. More than twice as fast as FireWire 800 and up to six times the speed of USB 2.0, the LaCie 4big Quadra will transform your workflow. With a massive 16TB capacity you can store a number of files including system backups and projects. You can also play back multiple HD video streams in Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere.
- Universal Connectivity for Compatibility
- With its multiple interfaces, the LaCie 4big Quadra is the perfect match for any Mac or PC. With FireWire 800, import your data from your old computer even faster, if your old computer is compatible. You can even daisy chain older external storage devices or A/V peripherals in order to import data directly. Thanks to backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 and FireWire 400, you can literally connect the LaCie 4big Quadra to nearly any standard computer.
- Comprehensive Data Protection
- The LaCie 4big Quadra can be configured in RAID 5 so your data is kept safe even if a drive fails, without compromising performance. Thanks to hot-swappable drives, you can simply swap in a new disk without switching off the device. No downtime and no data loss. You also won't lose any data if, during a file transfer, someone trips over the interface or power cable. The LaCie 4big Quadra's cable management system keeps all cables safely connected to the enclosure. This product is also a complete workstation backup solution. It includes professional backup software that lets you perform file-level and even system-level backup and restore. So you can create a full system backup that lets you boot your Mac directly from the product. It's also Time Machine and Windows 7 Backup compatible. You can also prevent physical theft via the integrated Kensington lock compatibility.
- Dual Cooling System for Long-Term Reliability
- The LaCie 4big Quadra's advanced dual cooling system ensures long-term reliability by preventing overheating. The system consists of three key components: an innovative heat-dissipating aluminum casing, a Noctua cooling fan, and jumbo heat exhausts. For the enclosure, its solid-aluminum heat sink design diverts and dissipates heat more efficiently than plastic casings. Its ultra-quiet Noctua NF-P12 fan pulls heat away from the internal components while helping to reduce noise. It also controls its speed according to temperature, which means that it works more efficiently while prolonging its lifespan. The LaCie 4big Quadra also has oversized air holes to facilitate airflow from the fan and reduce noise.
- Perfect for Professional Environments
Designed for Convenience
With a small footprint and space-saving design, you can stand it alone or stack multiple LaCie 4bigs. With the ability to setup email alerts, the device can be closely monitored for potential problems. Even changing RAID mode is convenient thanks to two-step easy RAID configuration. It also features an Eco mode that puts the hard disks to sleep after a period of inactivity. This prevents overheating and controls power usage.