This is the CD/DVD-ROM version of Perfect B&W Premium Edition Software from onOne Software. It is part of their Perfect Photo Suite 7 Premium software package and helps you develop quality black and white images with ease and complete creative control. Add dramatic and elegant looks to your photos. Enhance tone and contrast or restore a touch of selective color.
You can reproduce vintage looks quickly with the library of presets available, and keep your preferred looks at-the-ready in the Favorites panel. Adjustment brushes designed specifically for black and white processing are at your disposal, and 30 blending modes enable you to blend your black and white image with your original to achieve unique, impactful looks.
A collection of toner presets help you create moods, add depth and increase contrast, while filter presets give you the effects of photographic lens filters post-capture. Lend your images the look and feel of classic film by adding film grain.
Perfect B&W is an effective standalone application, but can also be seamlessly integrated into your Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Lightroom, or Apple Aperture workflow. It is compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems.
This version is for academic and government use only.
- Easily develop your own quality black and white images. B&W's effective, intuitive tools give you both instant results and complete creative control. Use Perfect B&W to add dramatic and elegant looks to your photos and create the many moods black and white photography can evoke
- Whether you are a hobbyist photographer or a working professional, achieve classic black and white looks instantly with a library of effects. Or, customize your own look with controls that replicate time-honored processing techniques. Enhance tone and contrast by boosting shadow and highlight details or bring back a touch of selective color. Control the exact appearance of your image using adjustment brushes, and achieve precise edge-detected masking with the all-new Perfect Brush
- Presets Library
- Reproduce vintage style using film grain and darkroom techniques quickly with the library of presets available in Perfect B&W, including presets designed exclusively for Perfect B&W by top industry professionals. Discover the perfect preset for your image with built-in search and instant live previews. Mark your favorites for quick and easy access, and expand your creative toolkit with even more presets available in the onOne Marketplace, a good source for digital accessories to take your images to the next level. Choose from a wide selection of hand-picked, professional design elements created by industry experts to save you time and effort with your digital photography. In addition to presets, browse backgrounds and textures, templates for albums, and more
- Keep Your Favorites Handy
- Save time and stay focused on your image editing when your favorite effects are always close at hand. Keep the presets you use most often in your Favorites panel, including ones you've personally created
- Essential Adjustment Brushes
- Precisely dodge and burn, add contrast and detail, and apply selective color with a set of brushes designed specifically for black and white processing. You control where and how much with simple brush strokes. Wacom tablet users can also control brush size and strength using built-in pen pressure and sensitivity support
- Perfect Brush
- Paint inside the lines with precision using the edge-detecting Perfect Brush Whether you're painting in effects, detail, contrast, highlights or selective color, the Perfect Brush will apply adjustments smoothly to the specific area you're working on while automatically recognizing the edges around it
- Blending Modes
- Use Blending Modes to blend your black and white image with your original to achieve a unique hand-painted or grungy contrast look. Choose from a selection of 30 modes to change the brightness, contrast, and color of your image and dramatically alter its appearance. Modes include Original, Normal, Lighter Color, Darken, Screen, Linear Light, Luminosity, Multiply, and Overlay
- Toner Presets
- Imply mood, add depth and create striking contrast within your images using the Toner Presets in Perfect B&W. Select from a collection of toners such as Black Tea Subtle, Cyanotype Subtle, Selenium Strong, Coffee Strong, Copper Medium, Faded Antique, and Sepia Strong, or build your own
- Filter Presets
- Get the effect of photographic filters after the shot. Use built-in color filter presets to enhance contrast in your image and adjust the relative brightness of the details you care about, whether it's the sky, foliage, or people. A green filter lightens foliage and darkens skin, and is a good general purpose filter. A yellow filter boosts contrast and reduces haze in landscapes. It will increase the difference between clouds and the sky. An orange filter is useful for Fall foliage. It increases the contrast between reds and yellow, and will also darken skies. The red filter is your secret to dark, dramatic skies. It lightens reds and darkens blues. The infrared filter simulates infrared film. It turns skies black and foliage white for a surreal look
- Tone Curve
- Optimize the balance of tone and contrast in your image. You can adjust your shadows, mid-tones and highlights to create the exact look you want
- Film Grain
- Add the timeless look and feel of vintage film stock using our library of authentic film grain. Choose from a selection of carefully crafted film types that integrate realistic grain onto your images
- Finish Your Image with Borders, Edges and Vignettes
- Accentuate your images with flexible vignettes and authentic film and darkroom edge effects of sloppy borders and print edges
- Works Where You Do
- Perfect B&W integrates seamlessly into your workflow, no matter what tools and software you use. It works as a plug-in to Photoshop and Photoshop Elements or with Lightroom or Aperture. You can also use Perfect B&W as a standalone application