The B+W 82mm XS-Pro Digital ND Vario MRC nano Filter is a solid variable neutral density filter providing an exposure reduction of 1 to 5 stops. The 0.3 to 1.5 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. The degree of density is easily controlled by rotating the front filter ring, allowing you to previsualize the additional exposure length required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. For easier, repeatable control over density settings, the front ring is also visually demarcated with dots that represent different density values.
The Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC) is both an anti-reflection coating as well as a protective surface. It helps to increase light transmission by reducing reflections, scattered light, and ghosting. Additionally, it offers greater protection to the filter substrate and stays cleaner for longer than uncoated filters. The nano coating associated with XS-Pro filters incorporates an additional 8th layer over the regular MRC and results in a better beading effect with water for greater cleaning efficiency.
B+W filters are constructed from high quality Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. This filter features a thin, oversized mount which helps to reduce the likelihood to vignetting when used with wide-angle lenses. The filter ring is made from brass for durability as well as jamming prevention.
- Variable neutral density filter allows you to dial in differing amounts of density scene to scene.
- 0.3 to 1.5 ND filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a reduction of 1 to 5 stops, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Filter does not affect coloration of the image.
- Multi-Resistant Coating offers both protection to the glass and helps to improve light transmission and image quality.
- nano coating promotes a better beading effect with water for more efficient cleaning.
- Constructed from high quality Schott glass for optical clarity.
- Oversized and slim mount helps to reduce the chances of vignetting when used with a wide-angle lens.
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.