The Aiptek i50D MobileCinema Projector is a DLP-type pico projector that attaches directly to the 30-pin connector of an older model iPod, iPhone or iPad. The 35 ANSI lumens model is capable in a dark to pitch-black room of creating an image with 4:3 aspect ratio ranging in size from about 6 to 60". The projector has an embedded battery that supplies power for up to 120 minutes. The i50D works in conjunction with a free Aiptek app you download into your mobile device that is designed for photo/video sharing, Web browsing and live viewing.
- Plug and Play Accessory for Your iOS Device
- The pocket-size projector plugs directly into the 30-pin connector on your iPhone, iPad or iPod. You won't fret over leaving behind a cable. Weighing just 4.4 ounces (125 grams), the projector isn't likely to make you hesitate over taking it with you.
- Works with Free Aiptek Viewer App from iTunes Store
Download the Aiptek Viewer app, free from the iTunes Store, into your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to unleash the projector's power. The app provides the following capabilities:
Photo and Video Viewer
Project all the video and photo files saved in your mobile device. It can magnify and rotate the image you want to screen as well as navigate between files.
Browse and Project Internet Pages
You can project any Web site for real-time sharing with a small audience in the room.
Live Camera Projection
Point the camera in your iOS device to project what it sees live on the big screen for education or entertainment.
Social Network Sharing
You can access and project such popular social Web sites as Facebook and Twitter. Once you input your account ID and password the first time, you can enlarge your friends' entries on the big screen automatically.
YouTube for More than One
Project and watch YouTube videos so that friends and family members don't have to watch separately or crowd around a tiny screen.
Google Map Enlarged
Study maps on the big screen. A map that has been enlarged is easier to use for finding locations and deciphering routes.
- Backup Power Bank
- Use the projector's embedded battery as an emergency power source when the internal battery in your iOS device runs low. Alternatively, if you're using the i50D's rechargeable Li-Polymer battery to project images, you can get up to 2 hours of use.
- 35 ANSI Lumens of Brightness
- With picture size based strictly on the distance between projector and screen or wall, you'll be able to create a 60" image from 6.5' away. For a brighter picture, image size can be brought down to as little as 6".
- DLP Technology
- The built-in Digital Light Processor creates a 4:3 VGA (640 x 480) picture.
- LED Illumination
- The lamp is a cool-running light-emitting diode. It should last up to 20,000 hours -- essentially, the life of the projector.