The Platinum Tools 90121 Basic Twisted Pair & Coax Kit features the patented EZ-RJ45 Crimp Tool and connectors for simple, high performance Cat5/5e data networks. This kit provides the basic tools required for data, telephone and CATV structured wire installations. This kit is boxed in a white roll top tuck box with a 4-color label and shrink wrapped.
The kit contains the 10500C Coax & Round Wire Cable Cutter, 15030C Coax Cable Stripper, 2-Level RG58/59/62/6/6Q, 15015C Cat5/6 Cable Jacket Stripper, 100004C EZ-RJ45 Crimp Tool, 13100C PRO Punchdown Tool, 13002C 110 Punchdown Blade, 11021 8" F Connector Assembly & Removal Tool, 10 EZ-RJ45 Cat 5/5e Connectors, and 4001NPT Nylon-zippered Case.
The 10500C Coax & Round Wire Cable Cutter is designed to cut solid and stranded wire to 8 AWG, multi-conductor and coaxial cable to 1/2" diameter. It features a curved, precision-ground blade that will not deform the conductors or dielectric. It is stamped from high carbon tool steel and heat-treated for long life.
The 15030C Coax Cable Stripper (2-Level RG58/59/62/6/6Q) is simple to operate and ensures a professional, repeatable strip every time. It includes a hex wrench for adjustable blade depth. Stripping lengths are also adjustable.
The 15015C Cat 5/6 Cable Jacket Stripper features a long-life blade specifically designed to self-adjust to prevent nicks to the inner conductors. Its durable, high-impact plastic housing is molded in yellow to make it easy to locate.
The 100004C EZ-RJ45 Crimp Tool is designed to quickly crimp and cut the wires of the EZ-RJ45 connector in one easy simple operation! The ratcheted straight action crimping motion ensures a uniform crimp every cycle. It features precision cast crimping dies for superior accuracy, built-in wire cutter and stripper for silver satin. All steel frame with rust resistant black oxide finish.
The 13100C PRO Punchdown Tool combines a rugged design with ergonomic function. It is manufactured to provide precise, repeatable, and reliable terminations every time. It features precision-controlled impact force settings for optimum termination of sensitive circuitry found in Cat5e/6 cross connects.
The 11021 8" F Connector Assembly and Removal Tool features a 7/16" hex socket at one end and 3/8-32 thread at the other end. The hex socket slides over the cable and the rear of the connector for easy mating and un-mating of hard to grasp F connectors. The threaded end provides a stable surface for cable insertion when prepping connectors for termination, and can also be used as a thread chaser.
Each of the 10 EZ-RJ45 Cat 5/5e Connectors simplifies twisted pair terminations by allowing the wires to be inserted through the connector and out the front, to easily verify the proper wiring order. Pulling the connector down over the cable jacket and seating it tightly in the rear of the connector optimizes the electrical performance of the termination. It reduces the distance between the wire twists and contacts and also improves performance. Terminate with the patented EZ-RJ45 Crimp Tools - crimp and trim in one cycle.
- 10500C Coax & Round Wire Cable Cutter
- Cuts solid and stranded wire to 8 AWG
- Cuts multi-conductor cable to 1/2" diameter
- Cuts coaxial cables without deforming the dielectric
- Spring-loaded with locking latch
- 15030C Coax Cable Stripper (2-Level RG58/59/62/6/6Q)
- Works with RG58/59/62/6/6 Quad coax cables
- Adjustable stripping depth for various insulation types and thicknesses
- Preset for 6mm (referred to as the 1/4” strip) but adjusts to additional dimensions
- Uses drop in replacement blades, no cassettes required
- Hex wrench snaps into housing for convenient storage
- Molded from high-impact plastic for long life
- Factory presetting: shield dimension (A) 6 mm (0.236")
- Adjustable to additional settings: 4, 8 & 12 mm (0.157 / 0.315 / 0.472")
- 15015C Cat 5/6 Cable Jacket Stripper
- Removes the cable jacket on Cat5 / 5e / 6 cables
- Accepts cable diameters from 0.18" to 0.25" (4.5 to 6.3mm)
- No adjustments required; easily switch from one cable type or insulation to another
- Does not nick inner conductors
- Recommended for PVC cable jackets
- 100004C EZ-RJ45 Crimp Tool
- For use with EZ-RJ45 Cat 5/5e & Cat 6 Connectors
- Crimps and trims extended wire in EZ-RJ45 connectors in a single cycle
- Features precision cast crimping dies for superior accuracy
- Built-in wire cutter and stripper for silver satin
- Laser marked with wiring guide for proper wire sequence
- Also compatible with all standard modular plugs (except AMP)
- 13100C PRO Punchdown Tool
- Terminate and trim wires in 66, 110, Krone and BIX-style cross connect blocks and in 110 and 630 wall jack modules
- Bayonet-style (twist & lock) blade retention socket is compatible with industry standard tools and blades
- Spring-loaded for fast, low effort wire seating and termination
- Adjustable HI/LO impact settings are precisely controlled to meet industry standard 8762D specification
- Will not damage sensitive circuitry
- Embedded rubber finger grip
- Spare blade storage compartment in tool handle
- 13002C 110 Punchdown Blade
- Bayonet style (twist & lock) blades are compatible with all industry standard punchdown tools
- Manufactured from high-carbon tool steel
- Heat-treated for durability
- 11021 8" F Connector Assembly & Removal Tool
- 7/16” hex socket for mating and un-mating
- 3/8-32 threaded end for connector assembly
- Rugged extruded plastic handle
- Long-life chrome finish
- 105003 EZ-RJ45 Cat 5/5e Connector (Pack of 10)
- Through holes allow wire pairs to be inserted through front of connector for faster terminations
- EZ to verify wire sequence
- More reliable and higher performance
- Works with solid or stranded wire – separate connectors not required, reducing inventory and confusion
- Reduces scrap by eliminating wasted crimps
- Simple one-piece design - bars or liners not required
- Use in Cat 3, 5, 5e, or 6 compliant data networks
- FCC and RoHS compliant
- UL rated
- Made in USA