The ikan D7 Field Monitor Deluxe Kit with Canon LP-E6 Type Battery Plate includes a D7 7" on-camera monitor, a Canon LP-E6 type battery plate, a battery, charger, AC adapter, shoe mount adapter, and black and silver hard carrying case.
The D7 features a 1280 x 800 HD IPS display with a 178° viewing angle, 800:1 contrast ratio, and 400 nit brightness. It has an HDMI input, a 3G-SDI input and 3G-SDI loop-output, and a headphone jack. Image analysis tools consist of monochrome and color peaking, false color with adjustable under/over luminance warnings, clip guide with adjustable threshold, 1:1 movable pixel-to-pixel, and DSLR scaling, which lets you view DSLR signals in normal, 3:2, 16:9, and full screen aspect ratios. The monitor's high-resolution display highly enhances the usefulness of these tools.
The D7 weighs 1 lb and is 1" thick. All the buttons are located at the upper corners, towards the back of the panel, and four of these buttons are assignable. An EXIT button and rotary wheel together control the menu, and an INPUT button selects between the SDI and HDMI inputs.
- 1280 X 800 IPS HD Panel
- The IPS HD Panel delivers near perfect viewing angles and outputs crisp, clear shots on the field, which means less time in the editing room. It is the tool of choice for high quality color reproduction.
- Durable Aluminum Construction
- The frame is constructed from heavy-duty aluminum, making it perfect for a video professional bouncing from set to set. The solid, roughened design ensures that the D7 monitor performs at its best even in rough terrains. Its durable chassis protects the monitor from the elements and unpredictable weather ensuring the monitor's reliability and longevity.
- Equipped with the monochrome peaking feature, which highlights the desired focus area in a bright, red outline. The operator adjusts the focus control until the red indicator outlines on the desired area are razor sharp, indicating optimal focus. For best results, be sure that the subject is properly exposed.
- False Color
- The false color feature utilizes a full spectrum of assigned color indicators, ensuring flawless shot exposure. The under / over luminance warning enables video professionals to get the quality they desire every time. By adjusting the camera's iris, the subject of the image changes color based on specific brightness values indicating optimal exposure.
- Movable Pixel-To-Pixel
- 1:1 pixel-to-pixel mapping allows a video professional to emphasize on individual chosen elements in the shot. This feature is essential for capturing optimum detail.
- Clip Guides
- Offers adjustable upper Clip Guide levels to accurately display overexposed images in any shooting condition. The operator simply assigns the upper IRE to their preference and any exposure over the set IRE limit flashes in a vivid purple, indicating only the overexposed area.
- Interchangeable Battery Plates
- The interchangeable battery plate system provides flexibility in available battery choices, allowing you to use available compatible batteries with the same monitor. This is useful, for example, if you are switching to using a camera that uses different batteries than you are currently using with the monitor. Instead of carrying around separate batteries and chargers for the different batteries, you can switch out battery plates on the monitor, and share the same battery system with the camera. There are available battery plates for the monitor that are compatible with Nikon EN-EL15 type, Sony L-series type, Canon LP-E6 type, Canon 900-series type, Sony BP-U type, Panasonic G6, and Panasonic D54 type batteries.